Author Topic: Head Shaving/BMQ (merged)  (Read 36590 times)

Offline nickhd

• Rate Post
Head Shaving/BMQ (merged)
« on: May 12, 2009, 10:12:25 »
I'm starting BMQ in exactly 1 week.  It's in St-Hubert, Quebec.  Should I shave my head before getting there or they are going to do it when I'll get there? A friend told me not to shave it because it's going to be part of my best memories from BMQ (Full metal jacket style), but some guy in my unit recommended me to shave it prior my to arrival...  What you guys think?

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
Re: Head Shaving/BMQ (merged)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 10:17:27 »
No.

Search on haircut standards, get a military style cut if you want before going, but there is no need to "shave your head".  You are not going to Parris Island.

Offline nickhd

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 10:24:42 »
Ok but my question was more : should I arrive there with the haircut or do they provide a barber for recruits on the first BMQ day?

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:26:53 »
If somone from your unit said to get a hair cut, then get a hair cut.

In the future, when somone gives you helpful advice, follow it.
Remember troops, the minimum acceptable standard is still an acceptable standard.

Offline Larkvall

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 10:27:47 »
You should watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btz8NWxgnNI

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:32:12 »
Ok but my question was more : should I arrive there with the haircut or do they provide a barber for recruits on the first BMQ day?

Forgive me, your use of the word "shave" four times plus a reference to Full Metal Jacket must have led me to believe you meant "shave."

Try searching on "BMQ" + "haircut."

Offline nickhd

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 12:02:51 »
You should watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btz8NWxgnNI

Wow thank you, it is so interesting!!!  I will watch them all!

Offline Crossfire

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 12:32:01 »
The second time I did Basic (that's another story) I went out and got a proper military style haircut before showing up to the Alphabet school in Borden.  I mean, afterall, I was in before, and knew what to get...  It didn't really matter, I had to get another haircut with everyone else during the first week.  Save yourself the money, and get a haircut when they tell you to, in the style they tell you to.

Offline Topper2804

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 18:24:11 »
Only slightly off topic but very amusing if you know the details. Buddy of mine who is a U.S. Marine told me shaving his head before he went was an extremely unfortunate decision as that part of his indoctrination was 'made up for' in other ways.

c4th

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 19:37:35 »
Yes definately.  Just tell the barber #1 all over.

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 19:56:57 »
Many, many, many moons ago when I went from Res to Reg, I actually let my hair grow out. I think it helped in the long run.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline LogONick

• Awaiting CAP
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 20:38:08 »
Well I am slated for the August 31st BMOQ, and I have been sporting the bald look for quite sometime now.  Just to let you know, I did not originally wish to do so, lol, however thanks to genetics the choice was made for me.  I figured being bald looks a heck of a lot better than balding...

I just figure I am gonna save the CF alot on haircuts ;)
No soup for you!

aesop081

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 20:47:10 »

I just figure I am gonna save the CF alot on haircuts ;)

Unfortunately, the only flaw in your thinking is that we pay for our own haircuts.

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 20:54:13 »
Long ago and far away you could get the RSM on your case for having too little hair -  Shaving your pate was akin to a "self-inflicted wound"  and would result in the RSM and his minions taking a lot of interest in your case.

"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline LogONick

• Awaiting CAP
  • Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 23:02:52 »
Unfortunately, the only flaw in your thinking is that we pay for our own haircuts.

Well that does make sense... oh well, glad that I have my own set of clippers...and no i do not use a razor, gets too expensive lol.
No soup for you!

Offline tsokman

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 16:40:13 »
Would I have to shave my moustache during BMQ...as Ive had mine for over 5 years and Ive grown very attached to it...
:)

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 18:40:29 »
Would I have to shave my moustache during BMQ...as Ive had mine for over 5 years and Ive grown very attached to it...

You can keep it but you have have great handlebars on it and make sure they are waxed well. The instructors will admire your hard work.  Cheers.
- Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
- If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots.
- Just when you realize life's a *****, it has puppies.

Offline tsokman

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 19:16:45 »
hmm thats odd...I received contradictory answers on this one...Ive been grooming mine for some time now and I would hate to have to shave it off...

MikeL

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 19:21:50 »
I guess you will have to wait and see what happens on day 1 of BMQ.

If you have to shave it, guess what you will survive it is only hair... it will grow back.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 19:24:51 by -Skeletor- »

Offline Kat Stevens

Quando omni flunkus moritati.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 21:10:24 »
You can keep the mustache, but you have to shave your armpits, eyebrow, and legs for hygiene reasons.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

MikeL

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 21:30:25 »
You can keep the mustache, but you have to shave your armpits, eyebrow, and legs for hygiene reasons.

Why'd you have to go and ruin the surprise? Anyways now that the cat's out of the bag.. the course staffwill march the course into the shower room and instruct them how to properly shave themselfs and having your fireteam partner get the areas you can't reach

Offline tsokman

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 22:14:42 »
Thats too bad I even have a nickname for my moustache tsokman jr...

MikeL

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 22:31:31 »
Thats too bad I even have a nickname for my moustache tsokman jr...

Way to make this thread all weird and creepy..

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -3925.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 22:37:43 »
And another one gets trashed.

tsokman,

We're not here for your entertainment. That 'beep' your hearing is the radar screen. You're on it.

Milnet.ca Staff
Diversity includes adverse opinions, or it is not diversity.
Inclusive includes adverse opinions, or is not inclusive.

Offline Wilamanjaro

• Rate Post
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 21:26:22 »
Thought it'd be fun to let my girlfriend shave my head and see what i'm going to look like, i had very long hair.

I was soon told by an ex military member, "Don't you know what they do to guys who shave their head before they start?"

I was not told the answer and have not received the answer yet. So I'm starting to wonder...

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 21:29:51 »
They say nice hair cut and everyone moves on with their lives.
Remember troops, the minimum acceptable standard is still an acceptable standard.

Offline Wilamanjaro

• Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 21:30:36 »
Hahaha, perfect.

Offline GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 21:35:03 »
At least you won't be one of the ones sobbing into their pillows in the receiving barracks the first night because you lost your golden locks to the nasty, nasty barber......

I never was sure if it was the barber's actions or that mean black DI who never conversed with you at less than 100 db, and got really, really close......whoa, gimme some space man!!!  ;D
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

Offline DexOlesa

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 21:43:00 »
I shaved about a week before I went. They just made me go anyway to make sure it was "regulation".

Offline cupper

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Nuke 'em 'til they glow, then wait until dark.
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 21:46:19 »
Actually, they drag you out behind the barber shop, order you to grow it again, and make you stand at attention unitl it grow back, then they shave it all off. :nod:
It's hard to win an argument against a smart person, it's damned near impossible against a stupid person.

There is no God, and life is just a myth.

"He who drinks, sleeps. He who sleeps, does not sin. He who does not sin, is holy. Therefore he who drinks, is holy."

Let's Go CAPS!

Online jeffb

Really needs to stop buying guns... .

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 22:14:10 »
I was soon told by an ex military member, "Don't you know what they do to guys who shave their head before they start?"

Nothing, don't worry about it. Far better then to show up looking like a hippy. At least you are demonstrating some sore of commitment to your chosen profession.
~ Ubique ~
Simple is better except when complicated looks really cool.

Offline estoguy

• Rate Post
  • Aspiring CF Pilot
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 22:41:35 »
If you were to get your hair cut ahead of time, what is "regulation"?  #1 on the clippers, or shorter than that even?

To try it, I went down to a number 1 last summer and LOVED it.
"The future is uncertain and the end is always near"
- Jim Morrison, "Roadhouse Blues"

A little hard, because you want it
A little hard, cause you believe
A little hard, yeah its worth fighting for
A little hard, is why you succeed.

Offline safetysOff

• Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 23:22:29 »
From what I remember you'll probably end up standing at ease instead of getting your 15 minutes of sitting time for that day.

Offline ballz

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 23:46:34 »
If you were to get your hair cut ahead of time, what is "regulation"?  #1 on the clippers, or shorter than that even?

To try it, I went down to a number 1 last summer and LOVED it.

When I was there in 2009 it had to be at least down to a #2, but you were allowed to go with #1. You weren't allowed to go to zero for some reason. Our Sgt said it was a safety thing because they were zipping so many people in and out all the time as fast as possible and with weird heads and weird deformities that people have and stuff they didn't want to accidentally cut off a person's third nipple or something :rofl:
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Offline medicineman

• Well stuck into my new job and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2012, 00:58:30 »
I would have to say you have a few more important things to worry about...but I'm like that.  Just don't show up with a mohawk with stubble - it'll turn into alot of stubble with a skunk stripe.

MM
MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

I may sound like a pessimist, but I am a realist.

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 14:22:33 »
If you shave your head, you'll just have one more thing to polish...
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 15:17:13 »
When I was there, whenever a new platoon showed up we always made fun of the guys who had long hair still. By the time they got to he barbers they couldn't wait to get it shaved off.

Same thing happened when I went thru; in 1989.  The more things change...the more they stay the same.

IIRC, we got our haircuts around Thursday of week 1, the same day we got issued our kit.  Until that, we were the stupidiot platoon, stomping around with 120 different versions of various drill movements, some guys with long hair, all of us in our "civies" to the amusement of the other 9 platooons of "Senior" recruits in Cornwallis at the time.

Then, come Sunday of Week 2, we'd no longer be the Goon Platoon, we were BETTER than those dumba$$es, because we had our workdress and shaved heads and we had more TI than they did.   :bowing:  Yup, Week 2 and we thought we were the shyte now!!  :facepalm:

Snaking thru the line at Champlain Hall, we could roughly guess what week a recruit was in by how much hair had grown back on the top.
Do I love my job?  No.

But does it afford me the ability to go on lavish vacations and buy anything I want?  Also no.

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 15:37:34 »
Times have changed in the few decades since I went to Cornwallis for basic.  Shaved heads were the rarity (Yul Brynner and Telly Savalas were probably the only role models for the look) and long hair was much more common (many of us showed up looking like hippies).  The first haircut at the base barbershop left only the barest of stubble and a weekly haircut was mandatory.  In my platoon there were two individuals who thought they would go the whole distance.  After they came back from the first haircut, they started to shave their heads.  They were about halfway finished when one of the DS walked through the washroom and spotted them.  The shaving was stopped even though each had only done one side of the head.  They had to live with that look for two days before they were sent to the barbershop to have the other side cut closer (but not shaved).  It took a little while for the evidence of their poor choice to be not so visible.
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline 211RadOp

• Rate Post
  • Now is the tyme....damn missed again....Now is the
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 15:55:26 »
And the guy with the longest hair didn't quite finished getting his cut before the staff called "Lunch Time" and had to go to the Mess Hall with half his head shaved.
“Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." Jim Carrey
"Do unto others, then run." Benny Hill
"There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap." Kevin James

Offline Deelo

• Private - ACISS
  • Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 22:38:44 »

And the guy with the longest hair didn't quite finished getting his cut before the staff called "Lunch Time" and had to go to the Mess Hall with half his head shaved.

;D *hehe* I'm certain that will be my luck in a few weeks.

Offline Tank Troll

• Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 09:36:20 »
I went through Cornwallis in 86 and the other platoons would call us "Alice" till we got it cut. For some long forgoten reason we weren't allowed to shave our head, even guys that were bald on top weren't allowed to shave it all off. This was enforced right up in to the late 90s.
I know the voices in my head are not real...............but Damn they have some good ideas

Offline PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 09:45:50 »
I went through Cornwallis in 86 and the other platoons would call us "Alice" till we got it cut.

Hey, me too!  Same thing.
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2012, 10:15:34 »
Hey, me too!  Same thing.
You weren't allowed to shave your head?  :whistle:
There’s nothing more maddening than debating someone who doesn’t know history, doesn’t read books, and frames their myopia as virtue. The level of unapologetic conjecture I’ve encountered lately isn’t just frustrating, it’s retrogressive, unprecedented, and absolutely terrifying.
~Chris Evans

Offline PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 10:31:12 »
You weren't allowed to shave your head?  :whistle:

At that time, no, women weren't allowed.   ;)

I meant the "Alice" thing.
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline RDJP

is off somewhere, looking for his cane.

• Rate Post
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 11:58:42 »
Not sure what it's been like lately.....but when I was there in Gagetown in 89 the temperature got up to 40 degrees a couple of days.  It was a very hot summer, and didn't rain very often.

I was the first guy to get a #1 cut, as I figured why not.  I was glad I didn't shave it completely, as even though I tan very well, a few of the guys who also received #1's had REALLY white heads.  We were told that if we sunburnt our heads too much to be able to wear our berets, it'd be considered a selfinflicted wound. ;)

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:15 »
I had that stupid mindset during basic.

"You're banned from shaving your head"

'Why?'

"Because we said so"

Obviously a stupid concept that shave heads on white guys means you're racist.
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline RDJP

• Rate Post
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 17:08:51 »
Considering the burn a couple of the guys got on their heads that summer, I do see the point in leaving a bit of hair up top.   :nod:

But yeah, I've heard that mindset before too.

Offline Lerch

• The Guns, thank God the Guns!
  • Rate Post
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 17:36:47 »
Not to mention there's a few people out there like myself and my buddy Kovacs, that if we shaved our head shorter than #1, we'd have stripes on our heads because of folds on our scalps ;)
Stay frosty

Offline Get Nautical

• Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2012, 20:00:52 »
At least you won't be one of the ones sobbing into their pillows in the receiving barracks the first night because you lost your golden locks to the nasty, nasty barber......

Seriously dissatisfied I remarked to my Crse staff that I looked like a skin head (I am blond and blue eyed of German descent) and the haircut looked unprofessional (they did not shave the nape of the neck), they said nothing as they walked away but you could tell they were not amused.

They should go back to the old system of whatever is under your beret you can keep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTNY0_inK7M
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 20:16:18 by Get Nautical »

Offline RDJP

• Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2012, 21:37:14 »
Seriously dissatisfied I remarked to my Crse staff that I looked like a skin head (I am blond and blue eyed of German descent) and the haircut looked unprofessional (they did not shave the nape of the neck), they said nothing as they walked away but you could tell they were not amused.

Nope, you looked like a new recruit. 

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2012, 23:11:54 »
They should go back to the old system of whatever is under your beret you can keep.
Ah....clearly a crusty old vet with many decades of experience.    ::)
There’s nothing more maddening than debating someone who doesn’t know history, doesn’t read books, and frames their myopia as virtue. The level of unapologetic conjecture I’ve encountered lately isn’t just frustrating, it’s retrogressive, unprecedented, and absolutely terrifying.
~Chris Evans

Offline stealthylizard

Conditional acceptance for B.Comm (ACC).

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2012, 00:17:12 »
When was that old system in place?  I must have missed it during my first time around in 96.

Offline Tank Troll

• Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2012, 06:42:34 »
When was that old system in place?  I must have missed it during my first time around in 96.

The 80s early 90s. But that was only after you got done basic and trades training, and you had to keep you beret on all the time so it wasn't as great as it might seem.
I know the voices in my head are not real...............but Damn they have some good ideas

Offline GhostofJacK

• Back from the dead
  • Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2012, 13:17:12 »
When I was there in 2009 it had to be at least down to a #2, but you were allowed to go with #1. You weren't allowed to go to zero for some reason. Our Sgt said it was a safety thing because they were zipping so many people in and out all the time as fast as possible and with weird heads and weird deformities that people have and stuff they didn't want to accidentally cut off a person's third nipple or something :rofl:

0s have a possibility of causing ingrown hairs and should that happen, the member would have to goto sick parade if it gets infected and miss out on training time. This, in turn, may cause them to fail.

IMHO, just get a 2 all around (maybe even a 1) and live with it. You are there for (hopefully only) 2 months and you shouldn't be looking to impress the Montreal women with your James Dean hair. Do the job, move on. Worry about pushing the enevlope and worry about hair regulations once you are trade-qualified. If you do get it cut ahead of time, do not watch 'Full Metal Jacket' and get a 'high'n'tight' before going to basic. When I was there, they'll make you bring it to have less contract between ahir and no hair.
Waking the dead with the sounds of the wardrums.

It's your choice whether or not you are the player or the pawn in the game of life. Either way, someone else will usually decide the next move you make.

Offline Danjanou

• Reporting from Goat Rodeo Central
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Butt Party NCO on the 81mm Mortar Range
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2012, 16:44:55 »
....Our Sgt said it was a safety thing because they were zipping so many people in and out all the time as fast as possible and with weird heads and weird deformities that people have and stuff they didn't want to accidentally cut off a person's third nipple or something :rofl:

You know I REALLY don't want to know what body parts you guys were shaving.  :o
NASA spent $12 Million designing a pen that could write in the zero gravity environment of space. The Russians went with pencils.

Offline BernDawg

• Wood Butcher
  • Rate Post
  • Retired... workin' harder than ever!
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2012, 17:59:35 »
I joined in 85 and back then we had guys in the Bn that would go to the barber and leave their berets on while they were in the chair...... :warstory:
"We can't all be heroes... because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by."  Will Rogers
Someone has to be last.  At least if it's me I know where all the assholes are.

Offline Tank Troll

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2012, 21:42:09 »
I remember coming out of Bosnia in 94 and having to wear my ball cap because my beret didn't fit. ;D

Offline Primus

• Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2017, 14:32:15 »
I looked around for this answer and in the CF grooming guidelines, it says you can maintain a shaved head but is that allowed in BMQ?
My hair is bald at top. So, I'm not trying to be "hardcore" or anything along those line.
 I shave my head regularity with an electric shaver. (Not a hair trimmer). It takes about 2-3 mins in the evening.
That way, it's just stubble for the whole next day. Not right to the skin. I don't ever shave my head with shaving cream and a razor.

I asked this question elsewhere and I've been getting different answers:
"You can't shave your head due to excess sweat infecting follicles"
"A sunburn you can be charged for self mutilation"
"If you arrive with a shaved head, you can maintain it"
"If you shave your head,  you can't shave it and you're only allowed a #1 as the lowest length during the indoctrination period.
After that's over, you can shave your own head off of the base premises"

I’ve been reading different things and it's really confusing.
I just want to be sure that you’re allowed to shave your head.
Thank you for your time to whoever reads this.