Author Topic: May 2009 CPGear Photo Contest  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
May 2009 CPGear Photo Contest
« on: May 08, 2009, 09:47:54 »
All,

We haven't had a photo contest since December, so we're well overdue! Let's get back into things with a Spring Photo Contest. Entries aren't limited to spring subjects though, so if you have a good photo why not enter it and see if you can snag yourself a $80 CPGear gift certificate.

Standard Contest Rules Apply:

• All photos must conform with the Conduct Guidelines.
  • There are no limitations on photo subject, location, etc..
  • The winner will receive an $80 CPGear gift certificate as a prize.
  • You can enter as many photos as you like.
  • Photos must be uploaded into the Milnet.ca Photo Contest album in the photo gallery in order to be eligible.
  • The winning entry will be selected based on rating and views. If there is a tie, or other factors will be used.
  • The contest closes at midnight ET on May 31st, 2009, though ratings of existing may continue for a few days beyond that.
  • OPSEC/PERSEC must be observed at all times.
  • All uploaded photos will be retained by Milnet.ca and may be used at a later date.
  • Photos must not be offensive in nature.
  • Photos from previous Milnet.ca Photo Contests are not eligible.
  • Photos must be original, or have permission from the original copyright holder.

Related links:

Remember, be creative, unique or humourous to increase your chances of winning. Good luck, and don't forget to rate the photos that others enter! (Yes, you can even rate your own photo - once.) If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

Cheers
Mike
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 14:05:48 by Mike Bobbitt »

R. Jorgensen

Re: May 2009 CPGear Photo Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 01:26:28 »
Error when attempting upload:

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 07:14:35 »
Thanks... I've verified that there's a problem, and am looking in to it. I hope to have it resolved before too long. Thanks for your continued patience!

R. Jorgensen

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 19:15:29 »
I'd just like to add that not only do I still get the aforementioned error (I understand that you are working on it), but I also get the error whenever I try to access ANYTHING related to the Photo Galleries.

Security Violation

The action you attempted is not permitted.

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 13:10:33 »
Thanks... I think I'm getting close on the first issue. Glad to hear I won't have to find something to fill my time when that's done. ;)

I'm hoping the gallery will be back up and *truly* running before the contest is over... otherwise I'll make some changes to the rules... maybe hand-drawn pictures mailed to me, judged by my kids. :D

Cheers
Mike

Offline Bzzliteyr

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 14:48:24 »
But then all the occifers will win!!! BOO!
Adsum

UNPROFOR, CPSM, Canadian Forces Commander Land Force Command Commendation (Bosnia 1993), Canadian Decoration, General Campaign Star - ISAF

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 15:10:41 »
Can't have that now! The gallery is open for business!

Let me know if you hit another snag. I think I got them all but nothing would surprise me at this point!

Cheers
Mike

Offline Jayell

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 14:07:04 »
Who won the May contest?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
                             -John Stuart Mill

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 10:12:05 »
len,

That's a great question, and unfortunately I have to admit I blew it: when I re-built the album, not only did I lose all the previous ratings (so I can't tell who won) but I also list the owners... so I can't tell who won!

However there were 5 entrants, and I'd be willing to send them each a $20 CPGear gift certidicate if they come forward with their names.

Sorry for the mix-up!

Offline Bzzliteyr

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 08:38:14 »
Pretty sure it was me!! (of course, I don't remember entering anything...)
Adsum

UNPROFOR, CPSM, Canadian Forces Commander Land Force Command Commendation (Bosnia 1993), Canadian Decoration, General Campaign Star - ISAF