Author Topic: AVN TECH COURSE DATES  (Read 4930 times)

Offline Bubbs25

• Rate Post
AVN TECH COURSE DATES
« on: November 14, 2009, 12:53:07 »
Does anyone out there know the next course dates scheduled for AVN TECH for the next fiscal year.
I am awaiting my COT to AVN and would like to plan ahead if I am accepted.
Any information anyone could provide would help me out.
Thanks
The best defence of the country is the fear of the fighter. If we are strong in fighters we should probably never be attacked in force. If we are moderately strong we shall probably be attacked and the attacks will gradually be bought to a standstill. . . . If we are weak in fighter strength, the attacks will not be bought to a standstill and the productive capacity of the country will be virtually destroyed.

— Air Chief Marshal Sir Hugh Dowding

Offline jacob_ns

• Rate Post
Re: AVN TECH COURSE DATES
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 22:15:49 »
I'm not sure on specific course dates but to put it into perspective, I arrived in Borden in July and my course doesn't start until March 25th, 2010.

That said, there are a few Cpl's that have OT'd (former MCpl's and Sgt's) and managed to get course-loaded upon their arrival at CFSATE. They get here and start Common Core pretty much immediately and then once that's done they're on the next QL3's course.

I guess I understand how and why that happens but it's kind of a pain in the *** when you're stuck on PAT for 9 months waiting for an opening and an OT come along and the oceans part for them.