Author Topic: Next Step in Small Craft Detection/ID Research  (Read 1564 times)

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
Next Step in Small Craft Detection/ID Research
« on: July 05, 2010, 12:55:45 »
Following up from this proposal posted here (second item, with Statement of Work attached), a company is being proposed to develop software to analyze small craft/wake signatures:
.... The objective is to develop a software tool to facilitate the analysis of existing and future EO/IR (Electro-Optic/Infrared) image data. The various analysis algorithms will address monochrome and coloured contrasts of small boats and their white water wakes.

A summary of the requirements is listed below.
1.    Development of algorithms to analyze images (or video streams) of small crafts and their white water wakes, and to synchronize images with independent meta-data.
2.    Development of a user interface to read in raw data, select amongst various EO/IR analysis options, and to write out processed results.
3.    Image contrast analysis of a large number of images that were acquired during a recent trial using the tools developed above.

Requirement:
The proposed requirements are summarized below.

1.    Development of algorithms to analyze images (or video streams) of small crafts and their white water wakes, and to synchronize images with independent meta-data.
(....)
2.    Development of a user interface to read in raw data, select amongst various EO/IR analysis options, and to write out processed results.
(....)

3. Image contrast analysis of a large number of images that were acquired during a recent trial using the tools developed above.
(....)

PROPOSED TIME SCHEDULE: All work is to be completed by 21 January 21, 2011.

ESTIMATED EXPENDITURE: $40,000.00 taxes extra where applicable

(....)

Vendor Name and Address:
A.U.G. SIGNALS LTD.
73 Richmond Street West
Suite 103
Toronto Ontario
Canada
M5H4E8

(....)

More on MERX here.
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter