Author Topic: Commercial Pilot Licence ( CPL )  (Read 14596 times)

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Commercial Pilot Licence ( CPL )
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2018, 23:07:34 »
For reference to the discussion, previous flying experience is also discussed here,

Bad habits developed by civilian pilots 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=103528.0
2 pages.

Recruiting is your most trusted source of official, up to date information.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:36:36 by mariomike »

Offline Wild Wing Fin

• Rate Post
Re: Has anyone become a pilot in the CF with a CPL?
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2018, 01:48:59 »
I've been getting mostly A's in class with a 3.75 GPA so going to Jazz right after graduation is a real possibility, but I don't think I want to rush into the airline world anymore. A number of my friends have gone straight to the airlines after graduation, but after about a year, I get the impression that the novelty has worn out for them and that they're bored out of their minds. The thought of that puts me off (also being paid 25k after tax and having to live in Vancouver or Toronto and somehow being able to afford rent and food).

I can only speak from my experience. But I flew for a regional and there were plus and minus'. If you already know you don't want to make ramen $ flying jets, the military is probably the better route. Your friends are right the novelty goes away after a while. It went away after a few months for me. living in a rollaboard, eating fastfood and dealing with the low pay were just some of the glaring negatives. I'd say join the military, your young enough that you could still go the airlines if the military thing doesn't work out. The regionals will always be looking for bodies. I have zero mil experience, but I'm sure it isn't as bad as working for a regional. Nothing is!