Author Topic: BASIC MILITARY OFFICER QUALIFICATION BMOQ Jan 2011  (Read 44015 times)

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: BASIC MILITARY OFFICER QUALIFICATION BMOQ Jan 2011
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2011, 16:16:27 »
Staff won't try to choke you in the CF....

Offline PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2011, 16:18:59 »

They'd probably like to, though.   ;)
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2011, 16:20:05 »
They'd probably like to, though.   ;)

Touche.  ;D

Offline sky777

• Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2011, 17:59:31 »
Why not?
 ;)
We can learn how to survive....
"what doesn't kill us makes us stronger"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 18:03:28 by sky777 »

Offline mathabos

• Rate Post
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2011, 14:26:14 »
There is rumour around here that the NCM training is now 10 weeks and Officer is 11 weeks that means no more field training. This starts in April not sure if this is rumour but there is a thick talk around this. Will find out pretty soon. Got to go to Farnham tomorrow for couple days then we start drill test and Major's inspection and CF Express. Please traini and train hard so that you dont injured. I am sure you will not enjoy the trailer stay at CFLRS if you are injured.

At the moment I have been scheduled for a 15 week BMOQ starting in May. So for now 11 weeks is but a rumor. Maybe something will change at the last minute.

My  :2c:

Offline Acer Syrup

• Rate Post
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2011, 10:42:33 »

Besides he choked "himself"  ;D

Offline megsy

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2011, 13:27:49 »
At the moment I have been scheduled for a 15 week BMOQ starting in May. So for now 11 weeks is but a rumor. Maybe something will change at the last minute.

My  :2c:

The schedule we have posted on the wall (the internal schedule which is constantly changing) still shows a 15 week BMOQ.  Don't get your hopes up for a shorter course just yet!

Offline Dou You

• Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2011, 20:05:16 »
Just wondering how BMOQ is going as it is winding down to the end? Glad to be almost done?
Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.   -   Muhammad Ali

Offline alejo

• Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2011, 21:26:20 »
Just wondering how BMOQ is going as it is winding down to the end? Glad to be almost done?

I am very happy to be almost done. It has been a great experience overall. It was obviously hard, but if you put the effort and drive into it, there is no reason for anybody to not make it through the course.

Pre-VIMY and VIMY were definitely the hardest part of the course, but staying focused and not giving up will make you go through it.

I'll be going to Halifax next, but I will never forget the time at St-Jean.

Offline OneMissionataTime

• Rate Post
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2011, 23:03:35 »
See you in Halifax alejo, I take it you'll be grouping up with the boys rolling out for CAP?
Also, regarding instructors wanting to kill "young little cute Officer Cadets", could not be more true  ;D. I remember one specific Warrant tearing me a new one every time she spotted me. In the words of a great anonymous MWO at CFLRS
" You think I know nothing.... I know **** all!!!".

Offline guysletsdoit

• Rate Post
  • To Serve To Protect
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2011, 18:31:03 »
Hello back after a long time on this forum.

Guess what I successfully finished BMOQ and will be graduating on Apr 28th 2011. Indeed a great moment for me since I had decided to release myself in week 2.

Few tips that might help others:

1. There is no confirmation about courses been short. SO BMOQ is still 15 weeks
2. The best way to stay through the BMOQ is to be focussed. Dont loose the sight that 15 weeks is a long period but also will never come back in your life.
3. Train and train really hard. Its not worth been injured on CFLRS course and then get frustrated.
4. Put a lot of effort on 3 things pushups, situps and squats. You will see them over and again.
5. The staff are really good but they yell and shout all the time especially during field training. They do not give that personally. They want you to correct your mistakes and move on.
6. If the answer can be a yes or no dont say a single more word. The staff does not like explanation.
7. Any staff can jack you up so move on with that.
8. Try sleep deprevation once in a while before coming here, will really help
9. DETAILS DETAIKLS DETAILS. listen to details
10. Be friends to all and help everyone but dont associate with crap bums

I am going to Halifax for Naval Engineering Training. Would like to have some information about CFB Halifax and family accomodation around the base. It seems that CFHA has no housing on base available. I am a small family so a 2 bedroom apt is what I am thinking.

I will be getting my commissioning scroll and I am going off my CADPATS to Navy NCD. I have passed the first stage of my dream in years to wear a navy uniform. I am excited

Offline mathabos

• Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2011, 23:45:26 »
Congratulations !!

Thanks for posting those tips. I heading out for BMOQ soon and any insight is very appreciated.

Offline GenePool

• Rate Post
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2011, 09:29:37 »
Lima 1-3...

Today is your big parade day.

You troops sure were funny while I was there.

Hello back after a long time on this forum.

Guess what I successfully finished BMOQ and will be graduating on Apr 28th 2011. Indeed a great moment for me since I had decided to release myself in week 2.

Few tips that might help others:

1. There is no confirmation about courses been short. SO BMOQ is still 15 weeks
2. The best way to stay through the BMOQ is to be focussed. Dont loose the sight that 15 weeks is a long period but also will never come back in your life.
3. Train and train really hard. Its not worth been injured on CFLRS course and then get frustrated.
4. Put a lot of effort on 3 things pushups, situps and squats. You will see them over and again.
5. The staff are really good but they yell and shout all the time especially during field training. They do not give that personally. They want you to correct your mistakes and move on.
6. If the answer can be a yes or no dont say a single more word. The staff does not like explanation.
7. Any staff can jack you up so move on with that.
8. Try sleep deprevation once in a while before coming here, will really help
9. DETAILS DETAIKLS DETAILS. listen to details
10. Be friends to all and help everyone but dont associate with crap bums

I am going to Halifax for Naval Engineering Training. Would like to have some information about CFB Halifax and family accomodation around the base. It seems that CFHA has no housing on base available. I am a small family so a 2 bedroom apt is what I am thinking.

I will be getting my commissioning scroll and I am going off my CADPATS to Navy NCD. I have passed the first stage of my dream in years to wear a navy uniform. I am excited

Offline Grando

• Rate Post
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2011, 19:03:13 »
Actually I was speaking in general terms about this thread.

I could care less about your degree.

The Army.ca Staff