• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Religious/Extremist Terrorism: Non-Muslim edition

While I have every sympathy for lives lost to any group, let's not start to equate people being killed to property damage.
The property damage was in addition to at least two dozen lives lost while the damage was being done, along with a large number of injuries. Regardless, there has still been far more violence from self-described Marxists and anarchists than those who would be considered to be rightists, and, as previously stated, much white supremacy originated from within what is now the Democrat party.

There is a community in mourning, feeling attacked, fearing to do things a basic as going for a walk, going to a place of religious worship for the sole reason that they are Muslim.

Do you really think this community needs the PM to wait a damn month to hear what they know to be self evident?
He can - and should - sympathize and offer condolences as a normal person would. That is right and proper and supportive.

Ejaculating prematurely is unhelpful.

Yes, bad apples everywhere.
Yes, those bad apples. Some take 24 hours to investigate, some take 12 years.

Either way, I'm curious about the proof that prompted the PM to launch so quickly. So asuredly.

Alec Minassian didn't have a criminal record record, but he spilled his guts within minutes of being interrogated.
It seems like there's a real push to associate this guy with Minassian. Maybe he spilled his guts within minutes too.

And in acanadian context, as
They also had the tendency to claim responsibility when there was no proven direct affiliation or membership, just to puff themselves up.
Questionable.
And I am not sure where the "right" label comes from, other than as a purely prejudicial term.

I consider myself to be right-leaning in many ways, yet have a deep aversion to any form of extremism. So-called "far-right" extremists are not merely extensions of true conservatives, but off in a world of their own.
Same as any far left.
White supremacists are oft claimed to be "far-right", yet groups such as the KKK originated within what is now the Democrat party, which is on the left side of the spectrum.
The Democrats used to be the right wing party of the USA, party of the southern conservative. We both know this can we stop being cute here?
Democrat Senator Robert Byrd, who remained a Senator until his death in 2010, was a prominent Klan supporter in his younger days, and there is some doubt that he ever fully ceased to support the KKK.
Sure, whatever.

The fact remains that those on the far right, as repulsive as those in the normal right find them, are more similar to those on the right than the left.

You don't see these people on the far right calling for abortion rights, gay marriage, lgbtq rights, you see the opposite.

The reason I think they are called far right is because they are so far outside the norms of normal conservatism that they are in their own world. But the fact remains that their closest affiliation would be to the right wing of the political spectrum.

This is not to blame conservatives for the far right. Far from it.

But there has to come a point where we realize that these groups have their own niche , where these extremist views are spreading, where these people are being radicalized by others in this niche and where there are some of them who are taking action.

The same thing that was and is happening in Islamic circles is now happening in these right wing groups.

The sooner we accept that, the sooner we deal with the problem. And it is a problem.

Because for all the USA this and USA that talk you are going on about, look to Canada. Think of the largest attacks on people in the last decade and realize that the perpetrators are coming from one distinct demographic.

8 of Asian American women dead in Atlanta recently.
That's the shooting where the shooter had a sex addiction and wasn't targeting Asian women specifically, except the narrative being pushed tried to make it out like he was. Right?

4 Muslim Canadians died on a walk because one POS hates Muslims.

I personally don't see any attempt by the gov to push any agenda. There is a serious problem in Canada regarding targeted attacks on Muslim Canadians. We are not that far removed from the mosque shooting in Quebec City in 2017.
I see the great and wonderful JT preparing to push an agenda. We will never agree on JT and the Liberal party

I see the great and wonderful JT preparing to push an agenda. We will never agree on JT and the Liberal party
I find it sad that 4 Muslim Canadians get killed in what the police are calling a premeditated attack,which would fall under terrorism plain and simple and you see a political agenda.

I hope I never become that jaded.

That's the shooting where the shooter had a sex addiction and wasn't targeting Asian women specifically, except the narrative being pushed tried to make it out like he was. Right?
Wait, he isn't being charged with hate crimes?

I was under the impression he was.

The Democrats used to be the right wing party of the USA, party of the southern conservative. We both know this can we stop being cute here?
It is cute. :) But,
Black Americans overwhelmingly backed President-elect Joe Biden in the 2020 election,
Wall Street Journal

Really?

23 dead in El Paso walmart shooting targeting immigrants

8 of Asian American women dead in Atlanta recently.

Please show me the body count of antifa in the same time frame
Burkina Faso - Up to 160 people were killed in the attack on Solhan - the UN says nearly 40 are seriously injured and in hospital. Nuff said

Wait, he isn't being charged with hate crimes?

I was under the impression he was.
No. The prosecutor is going to seek hate crime charges and the death penalty, but he wasn't charged with hate crimes.

I find it sad that 4 Muslim Canadians get killed in what the police are calling a premeditated attack,which would fall under terrorism plain and simple and you see a political agenda.

I hope I never become that jaded.
Well I’ve seen a lot in my 64 years. The Trudeau’s ALWAYS have an agenda

Burkina Faso - Up to 160 people were killed in the attack on Solhan - the UN says nearly 40 are seriously injured and in hospital. Nuff said
Yes, we both agree that some places in the world are more subject to Islamic extremist violence.

But the fact that you are trying to equate what is happening in Burkina Faso with El Paso Texas is telling.

Since 911, depending on which source you want to believe,far right wing terror and Islamic terror have been neck in neck in terms of body count, with incels in third, BLM in fourth, and left wing extremists in last.

So I think it's fair to say far right terror is a problem.

Well I’ve seen a lot in my 64 years. The Trudeau’s ALWAYS have an agenda
I wasn't a fan of PM Harper.

I didn't once think, at the time or anytime since, that the parliament hill attack being called an act of terrorism was part of his agenda in any way shape or form.

To do so would be to think so lowly of a individual that I can no longer view them as a fellow citizen, a human being with normal emotions,and a normal human reaction to a tragedy.

At that point they are more akin to a enemy,someone to be defeated in every way.

And while thats just my personal view on the matter, and in no way a rule to be followed, I have not in all my years disliked anyone enough in a political sense to view them as an enemy.

It is cute. :) But,

Wall Street Journal
I see this and raise you

Screenshot_20210608-222532_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lets not forget Jewish voters.

Times of Israel

Jewish voters favored Biden over Trump 77-21​

78% of Jewish respondents back Democrats in congressional races​

Yes, we both agree that some places in the world are more subject to Islamic extremist violence.

But the fact that you are trying to equate what is happening in Burkina Faso with El Paso Texas is telling.

Since 911, depending on which source you want to believe,far right wing terror and Islamic terror have been neck in neck in terms of body count, with incels in third, BLM in fourth, and left wing extremists in last.

So I think it's fair to say far right terror is a problem.
agreed but my question would be is there a common reason for people from both sides of the spectrum to hate to the point of killing others that don't believe as they do

Lets not forget Jewish voters.

Times of Israel

Jewish voters favored Biden over Trump 77-21​

78% of Jewish respondents back Democrats in congressional races​

yup, it's almost as if the two parties swapped sides of the political spectrum between 1912 and 1932

Yet in America, statistically, since September 12 2001, one is more likely to die due to far right terror than Islamic terror.

Although the numbers are close depending on the source you believe.

Regardless, I have no problems calling a spade a spade. Islamic terrorism is terrorism,far right terrorism is terrorism.

Yet people seem to be getting all up in arms because a POS purposely targeted a Muslim family out for a peaceful walk outside due to to their religion accord to Police, being called a act of terrorism.

Back