• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Interpreters, Others Fast-tracking to Canada

Mercedes Stephenson is now reporting the Embassy Gurkhas are out.
that is good to hear.

Of course, because the PM and his Star Chamber got the latest public opinion pools that said they should look after the Gurkhas too.

…what a great job the Young Prince is doing!

#IStandWithTrudeau

….NOT! 😡
Change the highlighted to "gang of ne'er do wells and friends of dictators, and not so friendly to women who stand up to him"

This is already getting more traction on O'Toole's twitter for whatever it's worth, he's posted a video from retired Colonel Alex Ruff discussing the situation. I am going to respectfully disagree with other members here as I think this will become a bigger public issue than predicted on this forum (I could of course be very wrong!). Pretty much most of the public has at least heard of the sexual misconduct fiasco, so it's not like the public just doesn't care about the CAF, we likely have more support than some members might think and it's not just 40,000 members, there is a lot of retired members, veterans, our families, and members of the public that do care and may vote accordingly. And we have another option who actually served in the CAF who likely isn't going to let this issue just slide away. I suspect as more veterans continue to speak out and write letters, this will keep getting more traction. Of course the PM will try to distract their way out of it or do things after the fact, but I think the public is catching on.

This is already getting more traction on O'Toole's twitter for whatever it's worth, he's posted a video from retired Colonel Alex Ruff discussing the situation. I am going to respectfully disagree with other members here as I think this will become a bigger public issue than predicted on this forum (I could of course be very wrong!). Pretty much most of the public has at least heard of the sexual misconduct fiasco, so it's not like the public just doesn't care about the CAF, we likely have more support than some members might think and it's not just 40,000 members, there is a lot of retired members, veterans, our families, and members of the public that do care and may vote accordingly. And we have another option who actually served in the CAF who likely isn't going to let this issue just slide away.

I don't share your optimism but I certainly hope that the public stays engaged.

Former CAF members can freely express their opinions, within reason of course.

I know I have and will continue to do so. Please write your Members of Parliament and local newspapers.

Anyone have any updates/knowledge on where Hamid Karzai is? Is he still in Kabul? Wouldn't he be on their 'kill list'? Same with Abdullah Abdullah, I'd think that he would have left Kabul as well. I'm reading some reports that both of them are still in Kabul. If so, who do you think is protecting their compounds, US troops, their own tribesmen?

Anyone have any updates/knowledge on where Hamid Karzai is? Is he still in Kabul? Wouldn't he be on their 'kill list'? Same with Abdullah Abdullah, I'd think that he would have left Kabul as well. I'm reading some reports that both of them are still in Kabul. If so, who do you think is protecting their compounds, US troops, their own tribesmen?
last I heard he was negotiating with the taliban.

Canadians don’t give a shit about Afghanistan. They DEFINITELY don’t give a shit about Afghans. There are about 40,000 of us, spread across 338 ridings, who have skin in the game on this one. Electorally it’s a tiny blip. One candidate makes one amusing gaffe, and it will supplant this in the news cycle.
Agree. But it’s more than 40,000. It’s 40,000 plus friends, family etc that have all been affected. But yeah, a drop in the bucket. People are more worried about a 4th wave lock down, what they are doing labour day and when JAmes bond comes out.

let’s be realistic too, people don’t seem very engaged about the election as whole let alone this issue as an actual issue.

I think and desperately hope the media will pursue it aggressively, especially now that an election has been called. Truly.
Which media? Trudeau's bribed propaganda machine? They haven't done their true, unbiased job since 2019. In the case of the CBC, never. The MSM won't turn on trudeau until they see him on the ropes. Then they'll simply hedge their bets until after Sept 20. Then they'll just suck up to the winner again looking for favoured status.

Details here.
Reading between the lines and knowing our virtue signaling PM, I'm going to say it was probably more the contractors, than anything this government did. Just a guess of course. The contractors have a vested interest in maintaining good relations with employees, if they want to use them again. Trudeau doesn't give a fig for anyone that can't further his agenda. If people hadn't bitched and we weren't in election mode, the Gurkas would still be there. He keeps buses circling parliament hill to throw people under.

More from Mercedes Stephenson at Global: Two Canadian C-17s will commence regular flights out of Kabul to evacuate CANCITS, permanent residents, and Afghan locals who had “an enduring reationship” with the Canadian mission.

I’m not clear on whether western nations are achieving an arrangement with the Taliban to let these people go to the airport and enter into the NATO controlled part of it.

More from Mercedes Stephenson at Global: Two Canadian C-17s will commence regular flights out of Kabul to evacuate CANCITS, permanent residents, and Afghan locals who had “an enduring reationship” with the Canadian mission ...
Good to hear in general, but the highlighted bit draws my eye, the same way this bit drew my eye in "Get 'Em Out 1.0" as stated in 2010 ....
... "The applicant must demonstrate that: the threat is directly related to the individual's support of the Canadian mission in Kandahar, or directly related to an immediate family member's support of the Canadian mission in Kandahar; and the threat is greater than the level of risk faced by the many others working for the Canadian government in Kandahar province in general." ...
Here's how the info-machine today is phrasing it (as of 3 days ago, anyway) ...
2021.jpg
... versus how it was phrased by the info-machine in 2009
2009.jpg
Beware the weasel wording ....

It's gonna make for difficult viewing if Taliban view any level of cooperation, for any length of time, with any invader, as a capital crime.

It's gonna make for difficult viewing if Taliban view any level of cooperation, for any length of time, with any invader, as a capital crime.

Based on their trigger discipline I'm guessing some of those Taliban spent some time working with us invaders.

AP21227742379832.jpg

Whaddya mean "if" :cry:
Afghanistan's United Nations representative said Monday that the Taliban has already begun the process of locating people on a "target list" by conducting "house-to-house" searches throughout the city of Kabul, terrifying residents.

In an emergency meeting held by the U.N. Security Council, Ghulam M. Isaczai urged the council to understand the urgent nature of the situation in Kabul since the Capital city of Afghanistan had appeared to be taken by the Taliban.

"Kabul residents are reporting that Taliban have already started house-to-house searches in some neighborhoods, registering names and looking for people in their target list," Isaczai said. "There are already reports of target killings and looting in the city. Kabul residents are living in absolute fear right now."

Back