• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

View attachment 66781

We should just take this correlation as fact?

FWIW, the correlation between alcohol consumed and BAC is a very much active research field.

I hate margarine and marriage so Im good! 😇

What about this one, with more serious sources and more relevant content?

View attachment 66784
Again, I didnt bring up the autism connection to vaccines. And am not saying that vaccines causes it. There are too many factors to consider. Perhaps this graph indicates that people are trying to combat autism with organic food. Everyone loves to play the devil's avocado 🥑

Again, I didnt bring up the autism connection to vaccines. And am not saying that vaccines causes it. There are too many factors to consider. Perhaps this graph indicates that people are trying to combat autism with organic food. Everyone loves to play the devil's avocado 🥑
But yet, you brought up the causation between vaccine and autism….

I didnt even bring up Autism, someone else did lol but since you asked the vaccine schedule has increased since 1950 and so has Autism. Derive from that what you will.

You clearly have an agenda against vaccines in general. Just providing facts to weaken your argument.

But yet, you brought up the causation between vaccine and autism….

You clearly have an agenda against vaccines in general. Just providing facts to weaken your argument.
Again, I did not bring up causation: Only correlation. See what you want.

Again, I did not bring up causation: Only correlation. See what you want.
You did. You said:
I didnt even bring up Autism, someone else did lol but since you asked the vaccine schedule has increased since 1950 and so has Autism. Derive from that what you will.
Your last sentence is a reference to causation (or not). Otherwise, derive what?

You did. You said:

Your last sentence is a reference to causation (or not). Otherwise, derive what?
- take from it whatever you want. Many brooks lead into the river which then goes into the ocean. Pretend the ocean is autism...all the contributing factors are the brooks and rivers...vaccines may be a contributing factor...are they causation? Or just correlation? Unethical experiments would have to be done in order to prove causation...as of right now I have NOT been diagnosed as having autism. That is NOT to say that I dont already have it...just that I have NOT been diagnosed.

Wasn't Nova Scotia on their second wave when Ontario and BC were on their third? Doesn't really matter I guess, may be easier to keep count with Canada rather than what happened locally.

How long can you be banned from seeing your family in the next community before it becomes a brutal restriction? Given your example of NS, look at Sackville/Amherst.

I'm with you on the fact that in short term none of what Canada has endured is brutal, but coming up on 24 months of fairly consistent lockdown, I would say it is turning towards brutal for the civilian population.

My family is from PEI, including my aging parents and in-laws; 3 hour drive from my doorstep to theirs. We weren't allowed to go home over the Holidays last year. I don't consider that brutal; the people who are responsible to manage and mitigate that risk have my trust they are doing it with the best of their ability - I don't have their knowledge, experience or information so try to not arm-chair it too much. They appreciate me telling them how to do their jobs as much as I'd "appreciate" them standing behind me telling me how to operate RADAR or something based on some stuff they read and their opinion on how it works.

I "worst case scenario" things a lot; the "worst case scenario" in me going to PEI to visit family is "they get sick and don't survive". I find that risk harder to live with than the disappointment of missed family visits / events.

Last edited:
I was driving on the highway, pressed down on my gas pedal and my car sped up.

Another car ALSO sped up, so it must have been because I pressed my gas pedal. Right? That is the version of correlation you're presenting...

Ref: The Real Reasons Autism Rates Are Up in the U.S.

According to the above ref, Autism was first diagnosed in 1943 and the definition of Autism has changed throughout the years. There has been a rise in Autism rates but according to Scientific American the increase in rates have been attributed to an increased awareness of Autism. Someone already has mentioned this in this discussion.

I happen to do read Scientific American on a regular basis, mainly to keep up with my children who are studying in the STEM fields. As far as I know this periodical is widely respected and is not known to have published any theories using spurious correlation (Supersonic Max - loved that example and I am pro organic food) as its basis just to prove it.

There are much more articles by respected scientific journals as well as statements from Medical Associations disproving the theory that vaccines causes autism but I doubt that any anti-vaxer will believe them. These are zealots who picket in front of hospitals and deliberately hamper anyone seeking medical treatment. This group will believe what it wants to believe and ignore everything else. The best we, as a society, is to limit the disinformation and try to protect the vulnerable population like our elderly in Long Term Care Homes and our young children who are not vaccinated from them.

Having been born and raised in Canada I have directly benefited from being vaccinated. I no longer fear getting polio and small pox (yes I am of the generation that had the vaccine and the corresponding scar on my left arm). Thanks to the hard work by the medical profession my children and their generation no longer have to get the small pox and polio vaccination. The irony is that the government and medical profession did their work so well that it has led rise to a group of people who are anti-vaccine because they have not experienced anyone who has had small pox or polio. I have been deployed in regions where there are limited health care programmes in place and I have seen the terrible effects of disease and poor hygiene conditions have wrought to the population.

I strongly encourage the vaccine hesitate people to talk with their medical professionals and not consult the internet.

Last edited:
PS, .... Thank God I'm retired so I don't have to work along side a non-vaccinated person. My rights to work in hazard less, stress free environment would have be violated :p

Back