• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Disgusting Display from a vet in Irving's Big Stop Restaurant

The dumbest thing the guy did, aside from the obvious, was to unmask on video.

I'm willing to bet this video is on the CAF subreddit already.

Looks,like the Irving stop in Pembroke. Definitely RCR cap badge.

Pretty hard to top the anti-masker who relieved himself on the counter in a DQ.

I don't understand why people protest at restaurants. It is not up to the restaurant to decide if they want to check if you are vaccinated or not, they are just following the law. If they don't check they can get in a lot of trouble.

If people don't like the law complain to your member of parliament. Don't be a prick to the staff at the restaurant or store that are most likely making minimum wage.

I don't understand why people protest at restaurants. It is not up to the restaurant to decide if they want to check if you are vaccinated or not, they are just following the law. If they don't check they can get in a lot of trouble.

Because deep down they are cowards. They will confront the low person on the totem pole who is just trying to earn their underpaid wages, instead of confronting people with the power to address their concerns.

This is kind of like giving your private a hard time because you were assigned duty watch.

Came across this earlier today. Absolutely disgusting display by a vet in public on remembrance day.

The video isn't high quality, but can anyone ID both medals he is wearing. I think the left one is South west Asia with Afghanistan bar, and I think his cap badge is RCR?
South West Asia Medal with Afghanistan Bar, CD with one bar. Since he does not have the General Campaign Star, he would have had to have served in Afghanistan between September 11th, 2001 and April 24th, 2003. There was no RCR deployment until August 2003. It is of course possible that he was in another unit at the time.

He almost looks a little bit young to have the CD w/ bar. He would have to have been 39 at a minimum when he was eligible for it, maybe up to a year later when he actually received it. If he is out (which you would guess based on the length of the beard), he can't have been out for long. I wonder if Covid was related to the circumstances of his release from the forces? I'm sure that someone must know who he is.

Last edited:
Couple young people just trying to do their jobs at a restaurant. What possible thing is he going to change by making them uncomfortable or making them feel lesser.

What a stud.

South West Asia Medal with Afghanistan Bar, CD with one bar. Since he does not have the General Campaign Star, he would have had to have served in Afghanistan between September 11th, 2001 and April 24th, 2003. There was no RCR deployment until August 2003. It is of course possible that he was in another unit at the time.

He almost looks a little bit young to have the CD2. He would have to have been 39 at a minimum when he was eligible for it, maybe up to a year later when he actually received it. If he is out (which you would guess based on the length of the beard), he can't have been out for long. I wonder if Covid was related to the circumstances of his release from the forces? I'm sure that someone must know who he is.
CD with 1 bar is not CD2 (32 years), it’s CD1 (22 years). He’d have to be minimum 38 or so for that, give or take. Could have started young in PRes.

Looks like a Cpl shirt collar rank in the video.

Bringing up 2 wars and comrades lost has SFA to do with restaurant’s rules they must follow to stay open and, IMO, dishonours the memory of those fallen.

PREFACE EDIT: I was wrong about the medals.

Does it seem weird to anyone else that you’d have at least 22 years in as an RCR corporal, and only two tours both captured by SWASM? Nothing Yugo, nothing GCS, nothing elsewhere? I’m not alleging anything, it just seems weird. I wonder if there’s a reason his deployments were in such a narrow window over such a long career.

In any case, he’s a thunderous douche and makes the rest of us look bad.

Last edited:
Does it seem weird to anyone else that you’d have at least 22 years in as an RCR corporal, and only two tours both captured by SWASM? Nothing Yugo, nothing GCS, nothing elsewhere? I’m not alleging anything, it just seems weird. I wonder if there’s a reason his deployments were in such a narrow window over such a long career.

Maybe a PRES guy who CTed then got out?

It's likely the Afghanistan Bar that we are seeing on the SWASM. Ironically, that was the exact same medal rack that Russell Williams had before they were taken away. I'm guessing that there aren't too many people that this person could be.

I was out to lunch. Found him on fb (not hard from the video), and he has SWASM with bar and GCS with bar. No CD. That makes much more sense. A post on his page mentions tours in 05 and 07.

Quick glance at the page- angry vet, self identified with PTSD and the politics you’d expect from this rant.

So yeah, he was a giant dick, but I won’t drag him beyond this one event.

It's likely the Afghanistan Bar that we are seeing on the SWASM. Ironically, that was the exact same medal rack that Russell Williams had before they were taken away. I'm guessing that there aren't too many people that this person could be.

I'm curious, can a vet be charged with military discipline after their service period, or any criminal charter violations for disgraceful conduct, or conduct unbecoming while representing the CAF?

I'm curious, can a vet be charged with military discipline after their service period, or any criminal charter violations for disgraceful conduct, or conduct unbecoming while representing the CAF?
No.

Back