• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Religious/Extremist Terrorism: Non-Muslim edition

Busted ...
A New Jersey man was sentenced today to one year and one day in prison for his role in conspiring with members of a white supremacist hate group to threaten and intimidate African-Americans and Jewish Americans by vandalizing minority-owned properties throughout the country in September 2019.

Richard Tobin, 20, of Brooklawn, New Jersey, previously pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Robert B. Kugler to an information charging him with conspiracy against rights. Judge Kugler imposed the sentence today in Camden federal court.

“The defendant conspired with a white supremacist hate group to vandalize and destroy property owned by Jewish and Black Americans, intending to instill fear into those communities across the country,” said Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke for the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division. “This sentence makes clear that targeting persons owning and using property simply based on their race or religion will not be tolerated. The Department of Justice will continue to prosecute civil rights conspiracies and vindicate the rights of victims of bias motivated crimes.”

“Richard Tobin encouraged hateful acts of violence against individuals and their houses of worship, based on their religion or the color of their skin,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Rachael A. Honig of the District of New Jersey. “Justice demanded that he be held accountable for these racist and anti-Semitic actions, and we are proud to have joined with our colleagues in the Civil Rights Division and the Joint Terrorism Task Force in doing so in this case. Our commitment to protecting the civil rights of all in New Jersey is steadfast.” ...

Well, it embolden them:

Yup.

The verdict itself is a straightforward and narrow one of self defense, the ugly larger context aside.

Unfortunately, Rittenhouse became a cause célèbre among a lot of really shitty human beings, and the abject celebration of this verdict goes well beyond the legal consequence of it. Him posing for photos with a group of Proud Boys in a bar certainly doesn’t help that. He’s this week’s bug lamp for the far right.

That’s mostly not his fault. It’s just an ugly reality that must be accepted and contended with.

There will be other ramifications. Expect to see more of the far left arming themselves at protests and demonstrations. I’ve seen a lot of potentially credible rhetoric to that effect. There will be more dangerous flashpoints coming.

Ziminski and Grosskreutz already brought pistols to their fight. No-one else knows what the latter really meant to do when he made that final lunge and dropped his pistol arm down from "raised hands".

Unfortunately, Rittenhouse became a cause célèbre among a lot of really shitty human beings, and the abject celebration of this verdict goes well beyond the legal consequence of it.

I wonder how police officers feel about armed civilians showing up to "help" ?

In the minutes after a jury acquitted 18-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse on all counts, jubilation lit up on social media spaces where far-right extremists gather.

Sounds like the social media equivalent of winning the Super Bowl.

Not only posing but grinning from ear-to-ear and flashing a white power hand sign several times.

I guess POTUS was right all along.

😉
It is not always as it seems.
White Power Symbol?
Screen-Shot-2020-07-13-at-9.43.17-AM.png

I'd say posting anime clips of elected officials killing AOC or Marjorie-Taylor-Greene the Q-Anon Karens constant twitter outbursts and harassment border on obsession.
Well I just drew a breath of relief, that excludes me then. I take no responsibility for someone else's actions.

Tentatively posting this here. Vehicle ramming attack through a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin (not far up the highway from Kenosha).

Lots of video. Red Ford Escape entered the parade at speed from the rear, struck numerous adults and kids and drove through at least one marching band and at least one girls’ dance troupe. At least 23 victims, at least one fatality and probably more. Police shot at it as it exited the parade route. Dispatch scanner audio called it a black male driver. No word yet on motive. Vehicle and a “person of interest” are in custody. This one is awful.

Tentatively posting this here. Vehicle ramming attack through a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin (not far up the highway from Kenosha).

Lots of video. Red Ford Escape entered the parade at speed from the rear, struck numerous adults and kids and drove through at least one marching band and at least one girls’ dance troupe. At least 23 victims, at least one fatality and probably more. Police shot at it as it exited the parade route. Dispatch scanner audio called it a black male driver. No word yet on motive. Vehicle and a “person of interest” are in custody. This one is awful.

Jezus H Christ - that is freakin awful.

Back