• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

Still up in the air:
  • No comment on facial piercings, I'm pretty sure those will still be banned.

Facial piercings; I can’t remember what was briefed on that. This info has been passed to unit CT level for some time now as it develops and is finalized but the last convo I was in on re: this was a few months ago and the info could be easily be OBE now.

They actually address facial piercings, or maybe it's just in the Q&A, but there's a line that says no piercings above the shoulders other than on the ears.

You say that, but what chemicals are I'm that nail polish, or make up? How would it react with industrial chemicals found in a work shop? Look at contact lenses for example, seem safe, till someone accidentally mixes chemicals and melts the sense to their eye (it has happened). I personally for safety wouldn't allow facial makeup of any kind on the shop floor just because of that unknown.
You do realize that it is 2022, and that men and women have been wearing makeup and working in civilian industrial settings that are much more caustic than anything the CAF does, and I think we would have heard of issues with makeup and reactions. This is the kind of shit that supervisors spout off when they don't want to see change.
This policy isn't doing away with anything that will make an operational difference. Let's be honest, many individuals who get full face tattoos, extreme hairstyles, face piercings and body mods are generally non-conformists who like to shock and awe. They aren't bad people, but they probably don't have the personality that would let them be happy and productive in a regimented military organization.
Everyone else just wants to be able to look a little more normal in society, not being automatically single out as military.

There are going to be folks that won't "get it" and those that will go to the extreme just because. Everything exists on a spectrum.

All I have told my junior leaders is to know the standard, model the standard, and enforce the standard. No change from what we've been doing as a profession since the Marian Reforms of Ancient Rome.

I had no issues wearing contacts on the hangar floor for over a decade. Got JP8 in my eye once, flushed my eye and wore glasses for the rest of the day.

All these safety rules are getting out of hand, let people make their own decisions after we educate them. We are closely treading towards wearing bubble suits everywhere we go. I'm all for natural selection for gross negligence and stupidity, the problem is we don't hold anyone accountable.

If in the RCAF: yes, for years.

Why does the Army have to make getting dressed so hard?
It's probably because of the lack of velcro for flag, name tag, brigade, etc. I'm sure that they will remedy that for the fleece in the new pattern. And let's be realistic, there are probably a few people at NDHQ fighting to have an extra spot for ribbons added to the new combats.

Again. Who cares. This isn’t going to make us any more ineffective than we already are.

Now that everyone can be who they want, look the way they want can we please start increasing our actual real capabilities. More ammo, more equipment better training.

I’ll gladly overlook someone with a pierced tongue and mad max fury road hair if it means I can get a truck full of ammo and the time to use it.

Is the CAF trying to distract its people; or the politicians?

:unsure:
Probably a bit of both, a lot of people are making a mountain out of this, we got bigger fish to fry in order to actually fun the problems the CAF has.

They actually address facial piercings, or maybe it's just in the Q&A, but there's a line that says no piercings above the shoulders other than on the ears.
Well that’s just divisive and not inclusive then…

Back