• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Well NY is going at him for Fraud, Tax Evasion etc. Why not make the Trump Dumpster Fire bigger…
He and D Jr are busy complaining about sending money and equipment to Ukraine so I can only assume at this point that VVP is propping them up.
At this point?!

At this point?!
TBH he and Jr have simply become unhinged. I’m not fan of POTUS, but DJT has polarized the country that a great deal of Republicans just won’t vote for what he now represents. I think my 3yr Yellow Lab would be a better candidate…

The information war on DJT is succeeding to some degree. It is relentless. He'd still be a far better POTUS than Biden. I wonder how his first term would have went without the onslaught of propaganda and obstructive senior public servants.

The information war on DJT is succeeding to some degree. It is relentless. He'd still be a far better POTUS than Biden. I wonder how his first term would have went without the onslaught of propaganda and obstructive senior public servants.
At this point DJT’s anti Ukraine spiel has removed any desire from me at least to see him returned to office.
Honestly most of his issues are self inflicted. Had he not been so divisive earlier, I don’t think he would have made so many enemies. Yes that was part of his draw to some, but at what cost, as he won battles but lost the war.

There is no doubt he did a good job on the illegal immigration front and made life better for a lot of Americans who were suffering economically from the Obama era. I applaud his attempt to get North Korea to act reasonably. His administration on the foreign side was certainly better than the Obama period, although I say the pullout of Afghanistan was a mistake, but it was certainly in line with what the majority of the population wanted.

He has never been able to restrain his instinct to insult and berate anyone who does not support him in the moment, irrespective of previous support. The resulting intra-factional strife is as detrimental to Republican fortunes as the "Never Trump" Republicans' (ex-Republicans?) extrusions, and far beyond the frustrations cause by mere RINOs. He helped start an important shift among Republican politicians away from Charlie Brown Football politics; he isn't needed to continue it.

He was the "burn it to the ground" option... I'm not sure Biden's term has done anything to alleviate that sentiment. So he's still a viable option for many people.

He was the "burn it to the ground" option... I'm not sure Biden's term has done anything to alleviate that sentiment. So he's still a viable option for many people.
He didn’t though. He just brought in his own cronies. If he’s followed through on clean up, and enacted real change, then he wouldn’t have had “Republicans Against Trump”.

Reminds me of something I read on here,

The worst waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who does not care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.

The main difference here is that we can verify facts, but opinions and beliefs are not verifiable.

He didn’t though. He just brought in his own cronies. If he’s followed through on clean up, and enacted real change, then he wouldn’t have had “Republicans Against Trump”.

Correct. He admits he was naive to how deep the problems were. I suspect a second term Trump wouldn't make the same mistakes in that regard.

Correct. He admits he was naive to how deep the problems were. I suspect a second term Trump wouldn't make the same mistakes in that regard.
Wrong. All he realized was that it was far harder than he thought to instill his cronies and muscle his way through to getting his way. Essentially, he misjudged the power of his position, and the strength of the checks and balances. If there is a next time, he won't finish "draining the swamp", because that was never his goal in the first place. Next time, he won't try just installing his cronies, he'll do everything he can to completely dismantle the current institutions of government and systems of checks and balances, because it's the only way he will truly get his way, and his way is not democratic.

Disagree. I've never seen VVP checking out his own daughter.

Angry Oh No GIF by CBC

Back