Usually the combat arms trades (i.e. infantry) progress at a more accelerated rate than other trades. However, promotions are merit based after Captain. And as there are "Corporals for Life", the same can also be said for Captains.
My old Fire Chief was a retired WO with the CF as a firefighter. He confirms that the training received in the CF is second to none. A lot of guys who end up retiring usually land a gig as a Fire Chief civilian side with ease.
1. You could but you would still need the proper CFAT score for officer.
2. No, this is for NCM’s wanting to move to Officers spots. And you would still need the proper CFAT score to do so.
3. You would be a no-hook Private.
4. After a few years usually.
1. Usually you can retake...
English (or French) Language Arts and Mathmatics. More so to score an outstanding aptitude test score, that way you can qualify for infantry. And if down the road you want to switch trades you can switch to any trade you want.
The old Marine Engineering Technician QL5 used to qualify for your Millwright and Machinist Red
Seal tickets. Would be disappointing to see this lost...
Didn’t necessarily want to start a new thread. But noticed today that it appears the CAF has changed the previous title of Artillery Soldier to Gunner. BZ