• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

“Take Your Best Shot”.....

57Chevy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
“Take Your Best Shot”, Was The Marine Guarding The Canada National War Memorial Real?
from Guardian of Valour is shared with provisions of The Copyright Act.

http://guardianofvalor.com/take-best-shot-marine-guarding-canada-national-war-memorial-real/

Ottawa Canada – Since the terrorist attack in Canada that took the life of CPL. Nathan Cirillo, a guy in a Marine uniform sporting five Purple Hearts has been guarding the Canadian National War memorial. The below interview was done with him, and we began getting emails and wall posts from everyone wanting to know if he was really a Marine.

He goes by the name of Major “Fox” Sinke, and he stated, Courtesy of Global News:

“That’s how I see it. So I’m paying tribute to him, as best I can. We are not intimidated. Take your best shot.”

Sinke was wearing a Marine uniform as he marched around the National War Memorial.

“There are those of us who understand what’s happening and we’re not gonna lie down for it,” he said. “Not gonna happen. That’s basically why I’m here. I’m just here to make my own little personal damn statement.”

So we did some digging and reached out to our contacts to find out more about Major Sinke, and we can tell you that not only did this man serve as a Marine, he was a highly decorated Marine! He is taking a stand for what he believes is right, and yes he has five Purple Hearts. This man is a true American and Canadian Hero, we salute you Sir and the stand you are taking!!!

Again, we salute Major Sinke for his stand at the National War Memorial in Canada, and for his service to both of our countries.  Major Sinke has also authored several books detailing his experiences in the Vietnam War, one is titled When None Of Their Dreams Are Dead.

video and photos at link

A bit more from the Marine Corps Times:
Retired Marine Maj. “Fox” Sinke says he has received threatening phone calls from Arabic speakers since he stood guard at Canada’s National War Memorial last week.

But as he told police: “If they’re looking for a fight, they came to the right guy.”

Sinke said he received at least two phone calls on Tuesday from people who screamed at him in Arabic and then hung up.

“The only words I recognized were ‘kill you,’ because I’ve heard them before,” he said.

When Sinke told police about the phone calls, he added, “I promise you this: If they come here, they’ll die here.”

Sinke is a decorated veteran who did tours in Vietnam and received five Purple Hearts. When Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, a Canadian service member, was shot and killed last month while guarding Canada’s war memorial, Sinke felt obligated to honor the fallen hero.

(....)

After the video story aired, questions were raised about whether Sinke really served in the Marine Corps. Those who run the Guardian of Valor website, which vets claims about people’s military service, posted a news release with Sinke’s service records.

“...We did some digging and reached out to our contacts to find out more about Major Sinke, and we can tell you that not only did this man serve as a Marine, he was a highly decorated Marine!” the release states. “He is taking a stand for what he believes is right, and yes he has five Purple Hearts.”

The Canadian troops were glad to see the Marine at the war memorial and allowed him to guard the northern side of the monument for the day, but the senior police officer was initially perturbed, telling Sinke he should not have been there by himself.

“He says, ‘God man, you got more balls than brains don’t you?’ ” Sinke said. “So I said, ‘Well actually, sir, I was kind of hoping that one of those scum-of-the-earth radicals would show up and take me on because, to tell you the truth, I have always dreamed of being able to confront an evil-doer and run him through with this damn sword.’ So he kind of liked that, you know.”

Back