• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1, 2, 3 RCR

Christine

Inactive
Reaction score
Aside from location... what is the difference between 1, 2, and 3 RCR?

Such a simple question, with no simple answer.

You should start by perusing the contents of this thread which discusses differences between the Regular Force Regiments, it will also give you some insight into teh complexities of your inquiry:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25214.0.html

I've been in all three other than location not much except at this time "3rd herd" is considered a light infantry battalion (LIB)meaning no LAVs. Light Armoured Vehicles. Now I am sure that there are die hards which will tell you differently.

yeah you could explain the lav's that have been in the lines the last while :D
like I've been  yelled at 'we're not mech. we just learning to not use our legs. need to save em for the taliban'
'

Yeoman said:
yeah you could explain the lav's that have been in the lines the last while :D
like I've been  yelled at 'we're not mech. we just learning to not use our legs. need to save em for the taliban'
'

::)

Yeah feel free to be that gung ho...............

As for the difference, there really isn't one anymore mentality and CoC changes a bit from place to place but it's all the same really.

hey they're words not mine.
there's alot of that in 3RCR. then again 9/10th of the NCM's haven't even been in a lav outside of a lav driver/gunner or even at all. they'll come around and learn it's a good piece of kit.

1 RCR is  mainly mechanized and does alot with lavs

2 RCR is mech also but they also do alot amphibiouse stuff with the navy seeeing there geographical location makes it easy to do so

3 RCR has para and is still light infantry but there changing to mech with rumors that para is losig there jump status

:cheers:

ProPatria031 said:
3 RCR has para and is still light infantry but there changing to mech with rumors that para is losig there jump status

who told you this? rumint? we're loosing jump PAY for operational reasons, not loosing the status.

...They better not lose jump status before I get there, and giv'er a go.

CF_Lifer said:

You haven't even started BMQ yet, focus on what is ahead not fantazing about being Airborne. Also, theres no guarentee you'd even end up in 3RCR, let alone the Jump Coy.

CF_Lifer said:

Jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft with a main and reserve made by the lowest bidder was probably the best thing I ever did.  8)

Its great to have the goal/dream, just like MikeL said though...you got a LONG way to go to get there!

Stay focused, shoot the foot and drive the body.

And you too will be able to put your knees in the breeze someday. (maybe  ;))

Back to your regularly scheduled thread... 8)

ProPatria031 said:
1 RCR is  mainly mechanized and does alot with lavs
2 RCR is mech also but they also do alot amphibiouse stuff with the navy seeeing there geographical location makes it easy to do so

:cheers:
I was in 2 RCR from 89-92 and again from 99-04.  Not a single amphib ex during those 8 years.  Mech, however, 2 RCR were, at least during those times, virtual Gods at it, though that is a bit of empty bravado on my part.
3 RCR is again a mech bn, much as ALL reg bns: 2 mech coys, and a light (LAVless) coy.

Captain Sensible said:
I was in 2 RCR from 89-92 and again from 99-04.  Not a single amphib ex during those 8 years.  Mech, however, 2 RCR were, at least during those times, virtual Gods at it, though that is a bit of empty bravado on my part.
3 RCR is again a mech bn, much as ALL reg bns: 2 mech coys, and a light (LAVless) coy.

Hmmmm, do I know you??  >:D

Yeoman said:
who told you this? rumint?
It has come down from the Army.  All battalions will be 2 x Mech Coy and 1 x Light Coy.

Stewpid said:
"3rd herd" is considered .............................

...................Army of the West. 3rd BN PPCLI. Find your own nickname  ;D

Kat Stevens said:
Why?  You stole it from 3 RCHA.... ;D

No there was a licencing agreement with 3rd Horseman when both of us had full heads of hair. Anyways back to which RCR Bn can cook the best chicken.

MCG said:
It has come down from the Army.  All battalions will be 2 x Mech Coy and 1 x Light Coy.

I'm aware that has come down
from my point of aim, the way that pp was talking it was like as if we're loosing the maroon entirely and not just being stopped dropped on jumps.
I heard about the whole '2mech and 1light' when I showed up to the regs three years ago and I still have to see it implemented anywhere.

3rd Herd said:
Anyways back to which RCR Bn can cook the best chicken.

I've seen a picture a friend took while in Sierra Leone.  There's an RCR LCol sitting at his desk, with a live chicken in the filing cabinet beside him.

I've been told that the negatives would fetch a fine price...

Back