• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

4th Canadian Infantry Brigade in Germany

M

Marilyn Murray

I was recently given a couple of army photos of my father which also have other soldiers in it, as well as a cut out newspaper article that describes the following below the photo.
This article is 42 years old and was printed in The Daily Press, Timmins Ontario on Friday January 30, 1959.

The article photo is of soldiers of the 4th Canadian Infantry Brigade in Germany. The ”ski – patrol” of the 2nd Battalion, the Regiment of Canada.. The guards in the photo are Gdms HERBERT PRESTON of Leamington Ontario, Gdsm LESLIE DEACON of Geulph Ontario, L-Cpl BILL HEISE (my father) of South Porcupine Ontario, and Gdsm HAROLD COMEAU of London Ontario.

I also have a photo of my father taken on a ship in November 1967 along with another soldier. I have no idea with this other soldier is though. I also know my father was in Cyprus as well as Germany .. possibly other places that I don’t know of yet. They are both in full uniform. One of the addresses that was included with these items I was given is 9 Coy, 2nd Canadian Guards CAPO 5050 Canadian Armed Forces Europe .. if this means anything to anyone.

Anyway, the reason I‘m posting this is because I‘m willing to send scanned copies of these items to any family member mentioned about, or anyone from this group. Please feel free to contact me at murray82@home.com if you’re interested or have any questions.

Marilyn Murray
murray82@home.com

Back