• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ABC's Lost finale tonight!

JesseWZ

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone here a Lost junkie? I watched the pilot via DVD a few years ago and got instantly hooked. TV crack I swear.

So anyone else watching the finale tonight?

Didn't see Jack dying as the last scene!  That took a turn for the weird, so Hugo now has Jacob's job?! 
I almost cried at the final scene in the church with all the past characters coming together...sort of "we found what was lost and it was us." 
And, yes, we have all 5 season's on DVD and can't wait for the 6th.      :blotto:

I didn't watch the series, just the final episode and some dribs and drabs.

I saw it as they all died in the initial crash and existed in some in between nether world, until everyone could unload their worldly baggage. Once Jack made the final step and met with his father, he was free to join the others and they could all move on.

All except for Ben. He didn't go inside the church because he wasn't dead. In the closing shot of the beach and aircraft debris, there was one solitary set of footprints wandering around the wreckage. Maybe Ben's. Might explain why he was so prominent in everyone elses story line. Just guessing.

Meh. I'm sure there will be plenty of theories to follow. After watching the interviews, I'm not even sure the authors\ scriptwriters knew what they were doing, where they were going or what the ending meant. They took it as far as they could, then wrapped a hasty, sloppy bow around it all and sent it away.

That's just my  :2c: given what little I know about the show. I'm sure someone will have something more concrete, sensible and interesting than my idea.

Wow, Recce, that's deep...been smokin' some ganja this week?

However, it's a good take on the show.  The island was a purgatory of sorts until they all sorted out the "baggage" and could move on .  At least that's what the wife, son and I think...then again, Domtar has been fired up this week and it stinks here  :blotto:  :blotto:    :blotto:

Lost first aired here in Feb 05, and living in the 1 Div SGTs Mess in Enoggera at the time, I became addicted. It was either that or the bar downstairs.

Series 2 aired the following year, and I followed that closely at first, but soon lost interest as it was so hard to follow, and I was also on course, then preparing to deploy to Iraq.

I am glad its over.

OWDU

Just watched it again and even though I haven't followed it for a couple of years that was by far the best last episode to any series ever.

Nice writing job...............

Back