• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AC Op Tours

Terry1026

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I have been reading on the forums and searching for a while for any informations on Aerospace Control Operator doing tours outside Canada. Is it possible for an AC Operator not to leave the country at all in his/her 5 year term?  I know that there are Out-Can postings for senior NCO's but I would like to know about doing tours as a junior NCM as an AC Op. Thank You

What I saw on my tour(2008)..  AC Ops were employed in the BG TOC and TFK  POC(?) in the TACP role. I know one AC Op spent time working in a FOO/FAC team, but he was ex Infantry so I'm not sure if that played any part in his job.  I also believe some AC Ops have worked in JDCCs.

After my roto the Air Wing stood up so I wouldn't doubt that some AC Ops were employed there as well, I'm sure someone here can confirm/deny that. 

Right now with the mission in Afghanistan shifting to training this summer I'm not sure what kind of positions there would be for them,

Terry1026 said:
Hi, I have been reading on the forums and searching for a while for any informations on Aerospace Control Operator doing tours outside Canada. Is it possible for an AC Operator not to leave the country at all in his/her 5 year term?  I know that there are Out-Can postings for senior NCO's but I would like to know about doing tours as a junior NCM as an AC Op. Thank You

Pretty well what Skeletor said.  As well, if you are on the ATC side, there are tours to Sinai.  From the AD side, starting as a Cpl, you can do a year long tour to Thule, Greenland or Clear, Alaska.  Outcan postings (typically starting at MCpl) are to: Alaska, Germany, Florida, Colorado, New York.

That being said, yes you can go your whole career as an AC Op and stay in Canada.  In fact, that is more likely then leaving.  There are few positions with lots of people wanting them.  If you are interested in something away from the Canada, let your intentions be known and strive to better then everyone else.  I work with people that bounce between outcan and North Bay, repeatedly.  But it's like any other posting, regardless of what you prefer, be prepared to accept something else.

-Skeletor- said:
I also believe some AC Ops have worked in JDCCs.
Several, in fact.  There were 2 of us for my tour and at least 3 for the one right after us.

Thank you very much for the helpful info. Hopefully I get to go on at least one tour during my service as an AC Op.

Back