• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aced CFAT, not sure about interview

Hattie56

Inactive
Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to thank the people who have helped me get this far. I'm a long time browser and this website has helped me with a lot. I aced the CFAT, and it was a whole lot easier then some put it to be. But my worry is that I didn't do so good on my interview. I'm just a  person who cant do interviews for the life of me no matter how hard I try. I thought it went okay, but does doing bad on the interview have a huge negative impact on my application? I was told I qualified for my top choice (Sonar OP), or am i just being a pessimistic prude?

Thanks again!

I felt the same way about my interview. However, the lieutenant who conducted my interview said I did "good", perhaps your interviewer offered you the same remarks?!

Good luck

It's relative; you should elaborate on why you think you didn't perform too well.

Well I'm just not a good speaker. I can't properly portray what I want to say, and how I want to say it. The MCC said I qualified for my trades at the end but I just always mess up interviews with important people.

Hattie56 said:
Well I'm just not a good speaker. I can't properly portray what I want to say, and how I want to say it. The MCC said I qualified for my trades at the end but I just always mess up interviews with important people.

First, take a deep breath...better? :)

Ok, now I understand what you are saying but I doubt the interview was as bad as you believe it was. If I were you I would not write yourself off quite that fast, it is impossible to know how you were merit listed. Also, if for whatever reason you do not get in this time: when you do your new or update interview you will have been through one already so prepare for it and go in relaxed. Good luck!

Goose15 said:
First, take a deep breath...better? :)

Ok, now I understand what you are saying but I doubt the interview was as bad as you believe it was. If I were you I would not write yourself off quite that fast, it is impossible to know how you were merit listed. Also, if for whatever reason you do not get in this time: when you do your new or update interview you will have been through one already so prepare for it and go in relaxed. Good luck!

Thanks doe the reply, I feel like it wasn't that bad, but you're right. Its impossible to know, so I'll just sit back and wait some more!

I'm a human resources professional, interviews is not just about how good you are at speech, the MCC probably has a lot more to look for. If your trades are about concentration, team work, stress management, etc, it's what the MCC is looking for. If speech is not really a matter in your day to day job, why would it be important in the interview. If you applied for Officer, as a leader, your ability to manage stress and to express yourself would count.

Just my opinion

Just a quick update on this post. It turns out that I passed everything, and I have been merit listed for my trades since November 6th(Today) 2013.  ;D

Back