• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AEC trade open now ?

Catburglar

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello there, is the trade still open at this time of the year ? I'm thinking of switching from MARSS to AEC at the end of my BOTP. 

Thanks for the info.

Yes, AEC is open as are probably all occupations at this time of year.  The problem may be that you may not be able to switch.  If you are in BOTP now, you were given and accepted an offer for MARS(from your post).  When you are in BOTP they usually won't entertain requests to change occupations.  They are very busy in St Jean and are they to ensure people get through basic.  You may have to finish basic, go where ever they send you (some base) and then request an occupational transfer.
If you are seriously considering it you should talk to your Directing Staff now, don't wait till the end.

The good thing is i'm doing my BOTP as a reservist, so no contract and i become free to hit a recruiting center after my course.  On the other hand, i'm doing my netpo right after my BOTP, so i'm a bit worried that they will say i'm already in the MARSS formation so stay in, but i will give it a try as soon as i return home.

Catburglar

Catburgler,
Yes AEC is indeed open however it is very difficult to get into. You must have a very high CFAT score so you need to see if you even qualify to apply. Also are you a DEO? If you are a DEO and have the CFAT scores you might be able to transfer however the MARS occupation Reg Force is also short so if you apply to Component Transfer (CT) you may not get AEC. That being said you must submit a memo requesting an appointment with the BPSO to discuss the possibility of CT to the Reg F. The BPSO should be able to help you out with the details. You have already been recruited and enrolled so it's out of the CFRC's hands. 

Best of Luck.

CFR FCS

If you're a reservist, being able to leave the trade won't be a problem (ie. there aren't any obligatory service periods)...once you're done BOTP, you can request to switch.  The biggest issue, as stated before, would be to have the scores required for AEC.

On the other hand, NETPO is a pretty sweet deal, so I'd request to switch after the 8-week booze cruise  ;)

Back