• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aerospace Control Operator ( AC Op )

Titicboom

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I was looking in EMMA and not see any positions in Winnipeg for Aviators.  Was perhaps a rumor that had no backing or maybe was just a tasking.

Thank you for the answer though.
 

RedcapCrusader

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Titicboom said:
I was looking in EMMA and not see any positions in Winnipeg for Aviators.  Was perhaps a rumor that had no backing or maybe was just a tasking.

Thank you for the answer though.

Winnipeg has a SAR and a Transport Squadron, very active airfield, I don't see why you couldn't be posted there.
 

Loachman

Former Army Pilot in Drag
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
452
Points
980
Flying Squadrons do not (usually) employ AC Ops.

The ATC agencies in Winnipeg are most likely all civilian - the Tower is on the commercial side of the airport. I don't see any need to employ military controllers in such an environment, nor am I aware of any other location where that happens.
 

SeaKingTacco

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Reaction score
4,040
Points
1,010
Loachman said:
Flying Squadrons do not (usually) employ AC Ops.

The ATC agencies in Winnipeg are most likely all civilian - the Tower is on the commercial side of the airport. I don't see any need to employ military controllers in such an environment, nor am I aware of any other location where that happens.

The tower in Winnipeg is NavCanada. There was no Mil ATC, when I was posted there.
 

Loachman

Former Army Pilot in Drag
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
452
Points
980
Thanks for the confirmation. There are occasionally exceptions to general rules and practices, so I was not absolutely certain. Reality does not always follow common sense.

I cannot think of a single case where we put our people into civilian ATC environments. I cannot think of any need or justification.

CF aircraft departing from/arriving at/flying over what is primarily a civilian airport have no need that cannot be satisfied by civil ATC.

There are most likely AC Ops in 1 CAD HQ, but they would be in staff positions and therefore a bit more senior.
 

edlabonte

New Member
Reaction score
1
Points
130
Loachman said:
There are most likely AC Ops in 1 CAD HQ, but they would be in staff positions and therefore a bit more senior.

There are AC Ops Cpl-Sgt working at 1 CAD, but these are all secondary postings.  North Bay and ATC are still the Primary postings.
 

vroom

New Member
Reaction score
6
Points
80
I'm at the div. Last APS we had a couple Avr's join the CAOC straight from BMQ.
 

MtlCitizen

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
10
Hi guys . do you have any informations about the training sesions scheduled in Cornwall for 2021
 
Top