• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Defence Recruiting Mistakes

GDF 005

Inactive
Reaction score
???It disappointed me to no end tonight to go to the recruiting website and see that they are still reporting that if you join the Air Defence you will be working on S-15 Javelin Missiles and be qualified the Twin 35mm gun. These have been out of the system for at least 5 years, as well you will NOT upon completion of training be posted to 1AD in Pet, 18 AD in Lethbridge or 56 AD Bty in Val Cartier unless you have a time machine. These AD post have been gone for the same amount of time. I have been a Gunner for 12 years and we wonder why WHEN we do get recruits,  they never stay. Does anyone have a line into recruiting to inform them of this? We have a hard enough time getting new blood in, we shouldn't be steering them wrong before they even join. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Good questions.......I moved it here [Artillery] as I think it will get more looks from those whom may have the answers.

Thanks, I really think that this should get out there. I have called friends of mine in recruiting many times and sent feedback to the recruiting website about this, to no avail. It was the same when I joined in 95. We were told that we were going either to Germany of Chatam NB when done in Shilo. Not knowing that they were both already closed.LOL

The info on the web page and the Recruiting Information Aid (RIA - the glossy one page handout) are produced by recruiting group at the request of the Managing Authority (MA) in this case Chief Land Staff (CLS) and the Artillery Branch Advisor. We in recruiting have complained lots about the misinformation on the both the web and the RIA's but it's the end user namely the Army at fault. Please direct your complaints / issues and recommendations to either the Artillery Branch Advisor or the Artillery Branch CWO ( the School RSM).

We successfully campaigned to have the Field Arty RIA and video redone and now that it has it been published it is making our job easier.

Be prepared for the " it's matter of priorities " speech.  If you can get it updated I've got a few more (Ammo tech) that need redoing.

CFR FCS

Sounds like its time for some motivation speeches to the ones in charge: "how can you be expected to be trusted with the lives of men under you when you cant even fix a simple web page?!!!"

It worked in basic, should work for them today...  >:D

Greymatters said:
Sounds like its time for some motivation speeches to the ones in charge: "how can you be expected to be trusted with the lives of men under you when you cant even fix a simple web page?!!!"

If it's like other government writing appearing on web pages, I fear the fault is not at the lower end of the food chain (who are probably eager to get fresh, new info up), but at the higher end - "approval inertia/friction" may NOT necessarily be WITHIN the military, either.  I hope I'm wrong...

Once done with Basic and SQ, they do a DP1 course as an ADATS Operator. Then off to the RCAS, 128 Bty Gagetown or 119 Bty Moncton

Funny, I've never met anyone thats applied to be a bird gunner. How many are in the CF?

All ranks, I believe there are around 230 give or take, not 100% on that but close.

Back