• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air force reserve question

Kaya1981

Inactive
Reaction score
Is it possible to be a supply technician in the air force but in the reserve ? Or supply tech in the reserve are only army ?

Thank you.

CT from Reg F, or joining off of the street?

The first, likely. I know of one such and there must be others.

The second, perhaps, but the odds may not be in your favour.

Kaya1981 said:
Is it possible to be a supply technician in the air force but in the reserve ? Or supply tech in the reserve are only army ?

Thank you.

To find that out, you need to contact your local "Air Reserve Unit" as only they can tell you if they have positions available or not.  Supply Technician is available in the Air Reserve, Army Reserve and also Navy Reserve.

DAA said:
To find that out, you need to contact your local "Air Reserve Unit" as only they can tell you if they have positions available or not.  Supply Technician is available in the Air Reserve, Army Reserve and also Navy Reserve.

I'm not asking about the availability of positions, I'm asking if being a supply tech in the air reserve is even possible.

Kaya1981 said:
I'm not asking about the availability of positions, I'm asking if being a supply tech in the air reserve is even possible.

Which was also answered if you bothered to read the second sentence before ranting.

PuckChaser said:
Which was also answered if you bothered to read the second sentence before ranting.

I know, I read all of the sentences. What rant ? I just didn't want him to think that I was trying to inquire about positions available on this forum as I know this is not a job finding forum.

Can I ask what the motivation is behind this line of questioning?  Do you live close to Borden and want to join the PRes?  AFAIK Sup Tech is a purple trade.

Kaya1981 said:
I know, I read all of the sentences. What rant ? I just didn't want him to think that I was trying to inquire about positions available on this forum as I know this is not a job finding forum.

Okay, let me "rephrase" my answer.

YES, the Supply Technician occupation is available in both the Regular and Reserve Force, across all three elements (Land, Air and Sea). 

However, you cannot just apply to become a "Supply Technician in the Air Reserve", unless, your local Air Reserve Unit has... (a) Supply Technician positions assigned to it's unit;  and (b) one of those assigned positions are currently vacant.  And that is only IF you happen to have an Air Reserve Unit in your area.

Zoomie said:
Can I ask what the motivation is behind this line of questioning?  Do you live close to Borden and want to join the PRes?  AFAIK Sup Tech is a purple trade.

Yes you can, my motivation is that my husband has been in the Air Force for 9 years and, like many other military wives before me, I've found it extremely difficult to have a career of my own with the postings in small towns, etc. So I'm thinking of joining the CF to be able to have a job wherever we go, and the trade of supply technician is the one that interests me the most, but I'd like to go air force for obvious reasons AND reserve because I do not want to be deployed as we have a very young son at home. I did not know if there were supply techs in the air reserve so this is why I'm posting here.

DAA said:
Okay, let me "rephrase" my answer.

YES, the Supply Technician occupation is available in both the Regular and Reserve Force, across all three elements (Land, Air and Sea). 

However, you cannot just apply to become a "Supply Technician in the Air Reserve", unless, your local Air Reserve Unit has... (a) Supply Technician positions assigned to it's unit;  and (b) one of those assigned positions are currently vacant.  And that is only IF you happen to have an Air Reserve Unit in your area.

Thank you for the more detailed answer, it's giving me new information that I was not aware of. I think you and I misunderstood each other in our earlier posts but now I can see we're on the same page. I have a follow up question....are you saying that as an air reserve supply tech you can only work at the local Air Reserve Unit ? You can't work at a regular air force base with class B contracts for example ??

recceguy said:
Stop the pissing match.

---Staff---

I was not trying to start a pissing match at all, but I can't help it if other people feel the need to post sarcastic comments. Personally I'm here to get information and I don't have time to waste with forum fights.

Firstly, it wasn't pointed at you, in particular.

Secondly, quit carrying on about it, if you're not interested in it.

---Staff---

Kaya1981 said:
Thank you for the more detailed answer, it's giving me new information that I was not aware of. I think you and I misunderstood each other in our earlier posts but now I can see we're on the same page. I have a follow up question....are you saying that as an air reserve supply tech you can only work at the local Air Reserve Unit ? You can't work at a regular air force base with class B contracts for example ??

Working at a local Air Reserve Unit is only one possible option.  At most CF Air Bases, there are what is referred to as ARAF Units (Air Reserve Augmentation Flight) and it is also possible to join one of these ARAF Units which could allow for some Class B employment opportunities.  The same circumstances apply, as previously mentioned (there must be a vacancy available).

One cannot rely on B Class. Most of those positions have been chopped.

Back