• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew and trades. Need Advice.

i_am_red

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, so basically I got a call from the Recruitment Centre about the trades that I choose for Aircrew, and they said that since I don't qualify for Air Nav. or Aerospace Control, I have to go with Logistics. Can anyone give me some insights on some of the common trades in the AF? I wanted a career in the Canadian Forces because I wanted to do something without regret, but I don't want to be stuck with one I don't like. It's not that I don't like Logistics, but I just want to make sure that I'll be happy with a trade in the future. And so what I'm asking is what other trades are there for the AF, and how the conditions are, hours, pay, etc...

Your responses will be appreciated. I think I might not be clear on some parts, but just ask and I'll explain a bit further what I mean. Thanks.

My question would be is why did you even bother putting down a trade that you had little interest in? I know sometimes it is hard to decide but this is your future career and life you are talking about. The choices you make signing up with will effect you in the future. Like it is now...

Are you only interested in AF officer trades ?

If you want to fly and wouldnt mind an NCM trade, i have one you might be interested in.

CDN Aviator said:

If you want to fly and wouldnt mind an NCM trade, i have one you might be interested in.

Still recruiting huh? ;)

lol no. when I applied for trades, I had three in mind. two of which I'm not qualified for, because of my vision. I'm just asking for some extra info on the other trades. when I applied, I only looked at a few options. and now on the shelf I see a whole bunch of other things. I'm like wow...

TB said:
Go AES op, thrust me you won't regret it. And its way better than Nav.

Thrust me?  Isn't that sexual harassment?  ;)

TB said:
Go AES op, thrust me you won't regret it. And its way better than Nav. >:D

I've applied for AES op and it looks very very interesting from everything I've read and have been told. i_am_red if you do decide to go for AES op I suggest you do it quick as I was last told that as of July 17th there were 4 spots left for DE. If you don't have a problem with waiting until April though then that won't be a problem

CDN Aviator said:

What trade is that? I'm going NCM and love aircraft. I'm interested in what you have to say!

Yeah I read up on it and got all excited but when I called to put it as an option I was told I needed a university credit math...  :( so bummed out. I'm trying to figure out second and third choices, I'm kind of interested in aerospace control..I heard it was stressful though.

Let's see...
infantry - getting shot at
bos'n - deicing the ship in a north-atlantic storm
armour - boom boom at 100km/h

It's the military - all jobs can be stressful... that said, you'll be well looked after.

EpicBeardedMan said:
Yeah I read up on it and got all excited but when I called to put it as an option I was told I needed a university credit math...  :( so bummed out. I'm trying to figure out second and third choices, I'm kind of interested in aerospace control..I heard it was stressful though.

University math credit for AES Op?  Unless something changed, that is not the entrance requirement for AES Op. 

It is:

Applicants must now possess a Grade 12 graduation complete with grade 10 Academic math.

I'd call your CFRC back and ask them to verify this for you.  That info comes from a thread on the AES Op Lounge and was written by an AES Op Chief Warrant Officer.  I consider the Chiefs in our trade to be the Bible on trade info too.  Not to knock the CFRC staffs, but the Direct Entry trial is still kind of in its baby form and the AES Op trade is not as well known to most CF members as say, infantry and RMS Clerks are. 

Again, I'd call the CFRC back if I were you, if you are interested in AES Op.

This coming Tuesday, the very first Direct Entry Privates will get their Wings on parade; the first IAQC just finised their check rides today and got their posting messages and are out killing brains cells to celebrate as I type this. 

Eye In The Sky said:
It is:

Applicants must now possess a Grade 12 graduation complete with grade 10 Academic math.

I'd call your CFRC back and ask them to verify this for you.  That info comes from a thread on the AES Op Lounge and was written by an AES Op Chief Warrant Officer.  I consider the Chiefs in our trade to be the Bible on trade info too.  Not to knock the CFRC staffs, but the Direct Entry trial is still kind of in its baby form and the AES Op trade is not as well known to most CF members as say, infantry and RMS Clerks are. 

Again, I'd call the CFRC back if I were you, if you are interested in AES Op.

This coming Tuesday, the very first Direct Entry Privates will get their Wings on parade; the first IAQC just finised their check rides today and got their posting messages and are out killing brains cells to celebrate as I type this.

Yeah I'm going to do that. It was for sure the only other trade that I was 100% about wanting besides MP. He might of looked at the wrong trade perhaps...

EpicBeardedMan said:
Yeah University credit math required is confirmed for AESop. Shoot.

The requirement is grade 12 with grade 10 academic math.

Period.

Back