• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AirEvac Equipment

medic65726

Reaction score
I work in the Civillian world doing Air Medical Transport in a variety of setting and am looking to find any counterparts I have in the Forces.
I would like to discuss differences in equipment, scope of practice, types of patients/acutity etc.
Feel free to discuss in this forum, PM me, or e-mail me at airambulance@canada.com

I was looking at the combat cameraman web site the other day and there were a few pics up of a medevac.  It looked like a US/Canadian operation.  As far as I could see it looked like they were using a Propaq, and the three channel mini-meds.  Is that standrad for a CF medevac?  Does anyone out there know what they are using for a vent?  Or for end tidal CO2?  A buddy of mine said that we have Zoll monitors now?

Just wondering.

I know it doesn't help you now but I'm going on the aeromedevac course in Apr 06. I have no idea what kind of equipment/procedures etc. that aeromedevac utilises but I'll let you know when I'm done.

DT

Yeah, let me know what they are using.  I am looking at re-joining the medical branch as a NO and medevac is an option that intrests me.  It is what I do on the civi side right now, and from the look of it the medical branch needs people experienced in this field, as the last repat from Landstuhl to bring Capt. Greene home was done by a private comany.  Some could argue that civi air ambulances have the expertease, but I am of the opinion that if the military has a medical branch then lets get it sorted out so it can provide such care!

Funny you should say that - considering the military was doing them (and alot of them at that) long before alot of civvy companies were.  They still do them, just not the volume they used to have.

MM

Good point to make.  Civi air ambs are based on what the military learned the hard way.  I just hope this was a staffing issue and not a trend for the future.  If it is I think it is a major step in the wrong direction.  I am sure there are a ton of people out there who would jump at the challenge and training to take on this role.

It could be just the fact that there hasn't been a need for such a capability in such a long time that things have been allowed to slide.

Back