• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

suffolkowner

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score

Not sure how credible this source is but just what we need is an H5N6 influenza outbreak to add to the party

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Just as people are talking that the current dilemma is waning. It couldn't be better timing than if it were planned. Quick, close the border to the ChiComs and ban all flights from there. That should take their mind off screwing the world again.:LOL:

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
That's some Christmas party.

I wish it was.

Four ended up in ICU. They survived, but did not recover enough to return to operations.

Of the 224 people infected in the city, 38 died.

But, keep going on about people in Ontario going to bars at Christmas.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
Classy...

'This behaviour is deplorable': People paid individuals experiencing homelessness in Vancouver to get vaccinated for them​

Vancouver Coastal Health says people paid vulnerable individuals to visit vaccine clinics for them to obtain a BC Vaccine Card.

People paid vulnerable individuals in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside to be vaccinated on their behalf using their information to obtain B.C. vaccine cards, according to Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).

The regional health authority confirmed with Vancouver Is Awesome Friday (Jan. 14) that it is aware of instances of people attempting to obtain BC vaccine cards fraudulently by paying vulnerable individuals in the DTES to be vaccinated while falsely using their name and information.

SeaKingTacco

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Reaction score
Classy...

'This behaviour is deplorable': People paid individuals experiencing homelessness in Vancouver to get vaccinated for them​

Vancouver Coastal Health says people paid vulnerable individuals to visit vaccine clinics for them to obtain a BC Vaccine Card.

People paid vulnerable individuals in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside to be vaccinated on their behalf using their information to obtain B.C. vaccine cards, according to Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).

The regional health authority confirmed with Vancouver Is Awesome Friday (Jan. 14) that it is aware of instances of people attempting to obtain BC vaccine cards fraudulently by paying vulnerable individuals in the DTES to be vaccinated while falsely using their name and information.

On the other hand, the homeless folks should have near super hero levels of immunity…

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
But, keep going on about people in Ontario going to bars at Christmas.
You mean over a hundred of people who deal hands on with the public (including the elderly) squeezing in a Christmas party at a restaurant knowing full well strict gathering restrictions were coming down the pipe due to a very transmissible variant emerging.

I don't believe I'm the one who keeps going on about it and bringing it up but okay..

ModlrMike

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
On the other hand, the homeless folks should have near super hero levels of immunity…
In my experience, they are relatively indestructible, but only for a short period of time. In Wpg, the average lifespan of someone who becomes homeless is reduced to 8 years from the point they start living on the streets.

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
In my experience, they are relatively indestructible, but only for a short period of time. In Wpg, the average lifespan of someone who becomes homeless is reduced to 8 years from the point they start living on the streets.
If I recall Medicine Hat became the first city to eliminate homelessness, perhaps we need to take their strategy nationally

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Then, a few weeks later, the Ottawa paramedic service was at "level zero" and calling on ambulances to be dispatched from Gananoque, almost 2 hours away. The manning shortage was not the result of the vaccine mandate, but rather from vaccinated paramedics becoming infected.

From your link, "Level Zero" was "in the late hours of Dec. 30".

The situation known as "level zero" has been a problem in Ottawa for many years.

In 2019, the service was at Level Zero 329 times in eight months.

In a Dec. 22 memo, Poirier had said the isolation of staff had minimal impacts on ambulance service.

In a Dec. 28 follow-up, he said many had returned to work and contingencies, such as having staff work overtime, were no longer needed.

You mean over a hundred of people who deal hands on with the public (including the elderly) squeezing in a Christmas party at a restaurant knowing full well strict gathering restrictions were coming down the pipe due to a very transmissible variant emerging.

Attachments

• scolding.jpg
    scolding.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 6

kev994

Reaction score

>individuals experiencing homelessness​

Good that no-one "is" anything any more. Instead, we are all "experiencers of something". I, for example, am an individual experiencing whiteness, maleness, and curmudgeon-ness.
I think you actually need to ‘identify’ with your gender.

PuckChaser

Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
Some articles to show how social media, mainstream media and the government has normalized turning Canadians against each other.

How COVID-19 made Canada comfortable with marginalizing 3.7 million people
It’s anti-vaxxers who have come to dominate the Canadian image of the unvaccinated, particularly after a spate of autumn protests in which anti-vaccination campaigners blocked access at hospitals across the country. It’s this group that Trudeau was referencing when he told a Quebec talk show in September that Canada should decide “do we tolerate these people?

But the limited data on Canada’s 3.7 million unvaccinated points to a group that is disproportionately composed of Canadians who are low income, recent immigrants and ethnic minorities. A July survey by the Black Opportunity Fund, for instance, found a 20-point gap in vaccination rates between black Canadians and the public at large.

“What worries me in the short term is we’re getting the green light from our political leaders to make some very harsh judgements about people even if we don’t have all the facts,” said Bowman.

Similarly demographic patterns are emerging in the United States. Last month, the U.S. Census Bureau concluded that the average unvaccinated American had a higher-than-average likelihood of being non-white, poor and disabled. Many seemed to be foregoing the vaccine for the simple reason that they had “difficulty seeing, hearing, remembering or walking or climbing stairs.”

Colin Farrelly: Divisive mandatory vaccines further erode responsible governance in Canada

At one extreme of the arm-chair policy spectrum were those who championed a “hard lockdown” position, inspired by the “COVID-zero” countries like China, New Zealand and Australia. When the lockdown measures implemented in the first wave of 2020 did not eliminate SARS-CoV-2 this camp blamed “The idiots that don’t wear face masks and social distance!” This camp then favoured the strategy of doubling down on their hard lockdown stance. “Lock down sooner and harder!” these proponents would declare. But it turned out that even being an island or authoritarian regime simply delayed the spread of the virus rather than eliminate it. By the latter part of the second year of the pandemic it was clear to most that the “COVID-zero” line of reasoning had been demonstrably refuted. SARS-CoV-2 is here to stay, we have no choice but to learn how to live with it. The cognitive dissonance this causes many is very hard for them to resolve.

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
That’s assuming Canada had a real semblance of responsible governance…I mean…AFTER 1968…

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
The rules are too complex. I give up. I'm just going to live as if it's the '70s.

magnum pi GIF

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score

Cruisin' for a bruisein', indeed:

CDC director says Covid cases on cruise ships surged 30-fold in two weeks​

• Cruise ships have seen a 30-fold increase in positive Covid-19 cases in the past two weeks, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said during a Senate hearing Tuesday.
  • The stark increase in cases comes after the agency warned against cruise ship travel, regardless of passengers’ vaccination status.
  • Ships operating in U.S. waters reported about 5,000 Covid cases from Dec. 15 through Dec. 29. Walensky didn’t provide updated figures on Tuesday.

My wife was booked with her diving group on Norwegian Lines out of New Orleans first week of Feb. Thankfully they cancelled it.

The rules are too complex. I give up. I'm just going to live as if it's the '70s.

You're about 20 years ahead of me. :)