• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
My wife was booked with her diving group on Norwegian Lines out of New Orleans first week of Feb. Thankfully they cancelled it.

You're about 20 years ahead of me. :)

I know a guy that was going diving in Tonga this winter. I guess that's off too ;)

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
I know a guy that was going diving in Tonga this winter. I guess that's off too ;)

She went diving today here in Lake Ontario. Tobermory is a far as she will be diving this winter.

I guess as far as Covid goes, winter activities such as diving ( as long as your regulator doesn't freeze into free-flow, as her buddy's did today ) is one of the safer.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
She went diving today here in Lake Ontario. Tobermory is a far as she will be diving this winter.

I guess as far as Covid goes, winter activities such as diving ( as long as your regulator doesn't freeze into free-flow, as her buddy's did today ) is one of the safer.

It's the best time for diving on the West Coast.

No plankton bloom so the viz is much better, and fewer drunken pleasure cruisers ;)

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
It's the best time for diving on the West Coast.

No plankton bloom so the viz is much better, and fewer drunken pleasure cruisers ;)

Personally, I believe in progress and Canadian plumbing. When I feel the need of water, I take a shower. :)

OceanBonfire

Reaction score

Another look at another hospital:

As of Thursday, Bluewater Health said 75 per cent of the COVID-19 patients in the hospital's ICU were unvaccinated. On some recent days, Haddad said, the proportion was as high as 100 per cent.

And peer-reviewed in the Journal of the American Medical Association:

In total, 462 rapid test results, or 0.05 per cent of the 900,000 results, resulted in false positives.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
COVID - the gift that keeps on giving....

Expect more worrisome variants after Omicron, scientists say​

Get ready to learn more Greek letters. Scientists warn that Omicron's whirlwind advance practically ensures it won't be the last version of the coronavirus to worry the world.

Every infection provides a chance for the virus to mutate, and Omicron has an edge over its predecessors: It spreads way faster despite emerging on a planet with a stronger patchwork of immunity from vaccines and prior illness.

That means more people in whom the virus can further evolve. Experts don't know what the next variants will look like or how they might shape the pandemic, but they say there's no guarantee the sequels of omicron will cause milder illness or that existing vaccines will work against them.

They urge wider vaccination now, while today's shots still work.

Halifax Tar

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
COVID - the gift that keeps on giving....

Expect more worrisome variants after Omicron, scientists say​

Get ready to learn more Greek letters. Scientists warn that Omicron's whirlwind advance practically ensures it won't be the last version of the coronavirus to worry the world.

Every infection provides a chance for the virus to mutate, and Omicron has an edge over its predecessors: It spreads way faster despite emerging on a planet with a stronger patchwork of immunity from vaccines and prior illness.

That means more people in whom the virus can further evolve. Experts don't know what the next variants will look like or how they might shape the pandemic, but they say there's no guarantee the sequels of omicron will cause milder illness or that existing vaccines will work against them.

They urge wider vaccination now, while today's shots still work.

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

Reactions: QV

OceanBonfire

Reaction score
“Mutations are more common in severe and long-lasting COVID infections,” Martinez said. “Therefore, because vaccines prevent severe infections they can also prevent proliferation of new variants.”

All while hopefully creating a circle of protection around those too young to be vaccinated.

“Those would actually protect the people who were unvaccinated because the virus can't get at them because they're surrounded by a whole group of people, in which, infection, and or transmission after being infected is remarkably reduced by the vaccine,” Evans said.

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
No one cares. Covid fatigue is fast coming to a peak. Israel, the world leader in covid research, has decided to stop quarantines, vax passports and a whole bunch of other restrictions. Basically, they are returning to normal and have decided to live with it. Meanwhile, our current government, with the help of the media, is trying to keep Canadians on the edge of panic, distracted so we don't notice the bullshit being fed to us. Trudeau has blown up Parliament and is telling parents to leave the room while he talks, alone, with our kids. That's just creepy and fundamentally wrong on any scale. He is destroying the supply chain, with unneeded restrictions and mandates. He has so much of his agenda left to accomplish, he needs to keep his thumb on us. Like the Great Oz, he's showing us doom and gloom in the front, but it's a whole other game behind the curtain.

Last edited:

OceanBonfire

Reaction score

Kat Stevens

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

I look forward to my Witcher mutations kicking in after my fifth booster/vaccine/pill/suppository/whatever.

Bruce Monkhouse

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
No one cares. Covid fatigue is fast coming to a peak. Israel, the world leader in covid research, has decided to stop quarantines, vax passports and a whole bunch of other restrictions. Basically, they are returning to normal and have decided to live with it. Meanwhile, our current government, with the help of the media, is trying to keep Canadians on the edge of panic, distracted so we don't notice the bullshit being fed to us. Trudeau has blown up Parliament and is telling parents to leave the room while he talks, alone, with our kids. That's just creepy and fundamentally wrong on any scale. He is destroying the supply chain, with unneeded restrictions and mandates. He has so much of his agenda left to accomplish, he needs to keep his thumb on us. Like the Great Oz, he's showing us doom and gloom in the front, but it's a whole other game behind the curtain.
No one thinks he's more of a (Insert whatever word here) then I do, but I'm curious how he's managing to destroy the American supply chain also.....he must be more important then we thought.
And I keep looking for this panic you talk about and yet I don't see it. I just see responsible folks trying to do thier part for society. I'm looking forward so much to playing hockey next Thursday, but if I can't i can't, no need for Chicken Littles and the sky is falling stuff.

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score

conspiracy GIF

But do tell; what do you think this "agenda" is?? (I may regret this...)

OceanBonfire

Reaction score

Unsurprising when right-wing conspiracy theorists just constantly lie and provide unreliable sources. Simple search shows that Israel did NOT went back to normal and still has mandatory isolation and requirement of negative test:

Bruce Monkhouse

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
Unsurprising when right-wing conspiracy theorists just constantly lie and provide unreliable sources. Simple search shows that Israel did NOT went back to normal and still has mandatory isolation:

Stop it with your political kife...it makes your valid opinion look stupid.

Try just "conspiracy theorists", I'm extremely "right wing" (by the stupid standards morons use) and all I got out of your post was Yada Yada Yada...

winds_13

Reaction score
No one thinks he's more of a (Insert whatever word here) then I do, but I'm curious how he's managing to destroy the American supply chain also.....he must be more important then we thought.
And I keep looking for this panic you talk about and yet I don't see it. I just see responsible folks trying to do thier part for society. I'm looking forward so much to playing hockey next Thursday, but if I can't i can't, no need for Chicken Littles and the sky is falling stuff.

Fishbone Jones said that "(Trudeau) is destroying the supply chain, with unneeded restrictions and mandates." Assumedly, he is referring to the new vaccination requirement, to enter Canada, placed on the trucking industry as of Saturday. It is likely to cause further strain on the already understaffed trucking industry, and lead to further supply chain disruptions in Canada... particularly if truckers start to protest.

He never said anything about destroying the "American supply chain", although it will undoubtedly have some negative impacts on Canadian exports to the U.S.

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
I’m curious where you got this info about Israel.

They have a green pass required to go to certain venues.

Details here: Green Pass FAQ

They are actually recommending a 4th dose.