• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

Booter

Reaction score
Brihard- in lots of jurisdictions part vi’s also were associated to an investigation where their was a crown involved in the file- is that the current experience as well? I’m not sure if that was a provincial practice or a larger thing. Like the investigation contained a crown advisor.

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
Brihard- in lots of jurisdictions part vi’s also were associated to an investigation where their was a crown involved in the file- is that the current experience as well? I’m not sure if that was a provincial practice or a larger thing. Like the investigation contained a crown advisor.
Haven't been part of enough to say, but at least in my world, definitely if we're at the point where a Part VI is being done, there's gonna be a crown advising on the file. We aren't gonna commit that much expenditure and manpower without having crown on board to confirm we aren't full of shit.

Until quite recently my unit had an embedded crown. She wasn't file specific, but was basically a swiss army SME (though not a Part VI agent). Super useful to have; I was actually just hassling her today on my latest ITO.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
This is hilarious.

You can be fined up to $5000 for not wearing a mask on the train. Guess who found a loop hole.

Trudeau, one of the only Western leaders to mandate masks on trains, spotted maskless on train

The prime minister isn't breaking the law, however, as his train wasn't federally regulated

CBH99

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
This is hilarious.

You can be fined up to $5000 for not wearing a mask on the train. Guess who found a loop hole.

Trudeau, one of the only Western leaders to mandate masks on trains, spotted maskless on train

The prime minister isn't breaking the law, however, as his train wasn't federally regulated

We REALLY NEED that facepalm emoji 🤦🏼‍♂️

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Actually, even if it fits in my wheelhouse the other guy becomes my foil.

We are living in the most prosperous, safest, time in human history here in Canada.......I won't apologize even a little for believing that we have it so good and yet there are those who believe we've never had it so friggin' bad.

Left, right, whomever
Oppression Obsession
You hang onto that thought, if it gives you comfort.

ModlrMike

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Something something everybody's watching, something something nobody's watching.

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
This is hilarious.

His new haircut suits him…

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
IATA now calling out our Government, sweet!

TrUsT ThE ScIeNcE!
That might mean something if the Feds actually gave a crap.

The disdain the government shows for anyone not privileged enough to have their own government jet to spew hundreds of tonnes of CO2 into the air, is should be unacceptable…

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
That might mean something if the Feds actually gave a crap.

The disdain the government shows for anyone not privileged enough to have their own government jet to spew hundreds of tonnes of CO2 into the air, is should be unacceptable…
The really funny thing is the Government has successfully managed to convince Canadians (who are gullible beyond belief) that it's the Airline Industry's fault for all the delays 😉

It's actually mostly Government Regulators, Transport Canada and Airport Authorities who didn't anticipate increases in business and travel that were entirely predictable.

OldSolduer

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
His new haircut suits him…
He's Lloyd? I agree.
The really funny thing is the Government has successfully managed to convince Canadians (who are gullible beyond belief) that it's the Airline Industry's fault for all the delays 😉

It's actually mostly Government Regulators, Transport Canada and Airport Authorities who didn't anticipate increases in business and travel that were entirely predictable.
AND the Minster of Transport blamed CANDIANS as well.

QV

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

Dr. Deborah Birx served up a bombshell revelation about the efficacy of the COVID vaccines during an interview on Your World with Neil Cavuto. Birx, the former White House COVID-19 response coordinator and one of the two most recognizable spokespeople during the pandemic, along with Dr. Anthony Fauci, claimed the vaccines were overplayed and that she knew they didn’t work. While this is shocking in and of itself, it is especially tragic given how many people had their employment terminated because they refused to get an ineffective and “overplayed” vaccine.

"I knew these vaccines were not going to protect against infection," Birx said. "And I think we overplayed the vaccines, and it made people then worry that it's not going to protect against severe disease and hospitalization. It will. But let's be very clear: 50% of the people who died from the omicron surge were older, vaccinated."

Personally, I am vaccinated and boosted. I did it not because I am considered in one of the at-risk categories for COVID but because I
was told the vaccines would prevent me from unintentionally spreading it to other people, including my parents, who are in the at-risk categories, should I contract it. Unfortunately, I still contracted COVID and still spread it to my mother.
If I had known what Birx said she knew, I can safely say I would have never chosen to get vaccinated. Fortunately, my vaccination status was not a condition for my employment. Other people were not so lucky.

sigh... #followthescience #thescienceissettled #takethevaccinetoprotectothers

OldSolduer

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
So tell me why we don't trust doctors, lawyers, police chiefs, scientists, lawyers, POLITICIANS etc

Victor Davis Hanson had a good write up in the Sun.

When I see a major figure saying "this is bunk" I think we have good reason to distrust "experts"

One more thing:

THE science is never settled. If it were the barbers would still be doctors.

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

Dr. Deborah Birx served up a bombshell revelation about the efficacy of the COVID vaccines during an interview on Your World with Neil Cavuto. Birx, the former White House COVID-19 response coordinator and one of the two most recognizable spokespeople during the pandemic, along with Dr. Anthony Fauci, claimed the vaccines were overplayed and that she knew they didn’t work. While this is shocking in and of itself, it is especially tragic given how many people had their employment terminated because they refused to get an ineffective and “overplayed” vaccine.

"I knew these vaccines were not going to protect against infection," Birx said. "And I think we overplayed the vaccines, and it made people then worry that it's not going to protect against severe disease and hospitalization. It will. But let's be very clear: 50% of the people who died from the omicron surge were older, vaccinated."
Let's see what Dr. Birx said completely instead of just the sentence that generated the "vaccine doesn't work" headline.

First, Birx did tell Fox News that she thought the vaccine was overplayed. But she also said the vaccine "will protect you." Here are her comments in full:

Cavuto: "I did want to get your take — a lot of people looking at the president having (COVID-19). And a lot of people vaxxed and boosted and they're getting it. The 20% of Americans who have not been vaccinated might look at that and say, 'Why bother? Why bother?' What do you tell them?"

Birx: "If you're across the South and you're in the middle of this wave, what is going to save you is Paxlovid. But once we get through this wave, during that lull, you should get vaccinated and boosted, because we do believe it will protect you, particularly if you're over 70. I knew these vaccines were not going to protect against infection. I think we overplayed the vaccines, and it made people then worry that it's not going to protect against severe disease and hospitalization. It will. But let's be very clear, 50% of the people who died from the omicron surge were older and vaccinated. Even if you're vaccinated and boosted, if you're unvaccinated, right now, the key is testing and Paxlovid. It's effective, it's a great antiviral. And really it's what's going to save your lives right now if you're over 70."

I know it's pushing a boulder uphill to argue semantics with some, but Dr Birx, despite the impression that she contributed to (or condoned the previous president by not contradicting) some of the previous president's outrageous suggestions (anyone remember bleach), speaks like a scientist, so maybe some explanation of the nuances of terms.

"I knew these vaccines were not going to protect against infection"

John Hopkins University differentiates between infection and disease by writing that most COVID-19 vaccines do not prevent infection but do prevent infection from spreading within the body and causing severe illness.

"Right now, we don't know how great these vaccines might be against preventing infection," Birx said in that Dec. 22, 2020, interview. "So, you may get a low-grade infection. And you may shed virus. We know it protects against disease. And it protects against severe disease … But what we don't know is, 'Does it protect against infection?' And we'll be able to really understand that in the next few weeks to months."

QV

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
If it doesn’t stop infection and doesn’t stop transmission, only helps prevent worse outcomes for those in a very narrow risk group, wtf did you care if someone else took the vax or not?

If you still actually believe the drinking bleach hoax I‘m not sure anyone can help you.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
So tell me why we don't trust doctors, lawyers, police chiefs, scientists, lawyers, POLITICIANS etc

Victor Davis Hanson had a good write up in the Sun.

When I see a major figure saying "this is bunk" I think we have good reason to distrust "experts"

One more thing:

THE science is never settled. If it were the barbers would still be doctors.

VDH has his issues too....

The eternal wretchedness of Victor Davis Hanson

One of the conservative movement's "intellectual" lights has a habit of appalling factual sloppiness

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score

This seems to match my observations (which are admittedly anecdotal). Everyone has to wear masks where I work, and when someone on the team goes down it is just a someone. I contrast that to the work places other members of my family are in and when one person goes down there is a quarter of the team out of action within a couple days.

I suspect this is why CAF is still mandating masks. It’s less a worry about the vaccinated individual and more a matter of force protection and maintaining an operationally effective critical mass.