• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

amature radio

Donaill

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm also a ham. Just wondering if there are others here with the same hobby.

When I was in Cyprus there was a contingent ham club which supplied telephone links through local Canadian ham clubs to members serving there on U.N. duties. I believe most Canadian U.N. contingent's at  that time had the same service. All could listen at the same time to the conversations. One poor guy with us got a dear john just before returning to Canada. But she was very nice and thanked him for all the expensive jewelry he had sent her and she was sorry, she was marrying another. ???

Oh Well

I used to use ham radios years back. Still have them, though now shoved in a cupboard somewhere in the garage.
Great for road usage when going camping up north.
As well been in a few Ham radio clubs along the way... Just like the time when I would go the Tornado watchers club. I still remember the lectures believe it or not.
Wow thats an odd feeling... Haven't thought about those things in at least 5 or 6 years...

It's kinda like making a battery out of a potato, only here you use a ham to power the radio. Attach the positive jumper to the small exposed end of the bone and the negative clamp to a spike inserted in the meaty part of the hock. Cloves and honey increase the power, thus the range. The ham must be cooked and NOT spiral cut. The spiral cut will create a short at high temperatures and damage the valutin spring in the nertz converter.
(Morse Code) --- .-- ... -   -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. ;D

ok that wasn't funny i fell so embarassed :-[  Torn could u tell me what a ham radio is please or if there is such thing. Oh and thank-u recceguy for that wonderful information.  ;D

ham originally comes from a derogitory term that amateur radio operators were called when they interfered with commercial and industrial communications.

Oh, come on, am I the only geek in the crowd who translated (and corrected) recceguy's code?

Back