• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anger Management help and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Str1k3r

Inactive
Reaction score
I have come to term with the fact that I cannot control my temper. On a normal day I spend countless hours in constant anger. I get angry at the smallest things such as my dog wanting fresh water or the rain and wind blowing in my face! I can switch from day to night in the blink of an eye and regret my actions afterwards. I do not get violent or physical but my heart rate skyrockets, my bloodpressure reaches dangerous levels I get dizzy, blurry eyed my chest hurts and I tend to run to my basement and smash something to release my tension. I have a newborn son and am currently on parental leave but I have been dealing with my anger for years but the effects on my body and health are catching up. I constantly have a lack of motivation whether it be mental, physical and yes... even sexual. I'm afraid of talking to a doctor at the MIR because I don't want anything on file that could hinder my career. But I fear that my anger will beat me and I will pay for the consequences. I have done countless researches online between natural cures and herbal medications but to no avail. I also heard of the PSP program called Managing Angry Moments but it only runs once every millennium and I need help sooner than later. I am tired of not being able to control my anger and fear the mental problems will soon manifest themselves physically and my health will suffer more. Does anyone have any advice on how to ask for help or any other programs that are available? I'm not sure if a padre would have contacts or if speaking to a doctor is best. Thank You.

The internet is the last place you want to come to for advice on a problem like this. You've recognised you need help. Go get it.

Go see the Padre and your doctor. At least talking to PSP probably wouldn't hurt either, it may be that time in the millenium for the course.

I really do want to seek help but I've only been in the military for 2 years and I don't want a prescription for Valium, Xanax or lithium on my record and a note that I have anger issues... My wife and I have just started our new little family and my career is what provides the money. I just want to be sure that this won't hurt my career advancement. I appreciate your reply thanks!

Str1k3r said:
I really do want to seek help but I've only been in the military for 2 years and I don't want a prescription for Valium, Xanax or lithium on my record and a note that I have anger issues... My wife and I have just started our new little family and my career is what provides the money. I just want to be sure that this won't hurt my career advancement. I appreciate your reply thanks!

Better than an assault charge, or worse. Man up and go get help.

Str1k3r said:
. I just want to be sure that this won't hurt my career advancement.

I got help for anger issues. I'm getting promoted in the new year. I guess it didnt hurt me any........

Str1k3r said:
I don't want a prescription for Valium, Xanax or lithium on my record and a note that I have anger issues

I've worked with lots of anger issued folks over the last 22 years and very few times, if an honest effort is made with counciling, are drugs required........

Anyhow you have been given the best advice possible so there is no need for a pile-on here.

Locked unless someone PM's a Mod with pertinent info.
Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back