• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any other Engineers waiting for selection committee results?

Griswald DME

Inactive
Reaction score
I've applied as an Engineering MOC (only one pick though, I'm damn stubborn and know exactly what I want, willing to wait for it if need be) and waiting to hear back on the selection committee results from September 15th.

Anyone else here waiting for the same?

Hey Griswald, I am waiting for the selection board results as well... I started my application in Feb '04 and was merrit listed in July. I assume you are going reg force (like myself)?

I know what you mean about being stubborn, 043 was my only pick as well. I was in the Artillery reserves before, and engineers just seems way more interesting.

Yup 043 was my only choice and I am still waiting for that call. I believe I was merit listed sometime between June and Augest.

I called my recruiting centre today and the head office in Toronto and neither of them could tell me anything... I wish I would just get my call so I could stop worrying about it. Maybe they'll call us next week?

I was merit listed about 26 months ago.  I guess 642 doesn't have many positions open.  I would have thought 043 would be a trade that wouldn't wait that long, hope you guys hear some good news soon.

Hey, found out today I got selected by the selection committee.  Don't know when or where I'll be posted, but hopefully within the next four weeks at the most I'll know.

Chimo! and good luck to those who are also waiting.

DME

congrats! when does your course start? give me a few more details... I'm still waiting, I've only been merit listed for about 3 months tho... man 26 months is rediculous...

I don't need any courses, I'm fully qualified.  (and yes, I still waited that long, amazing!).  I'm hoping to find out where I'm posted this coming week, if all goes well.

DME

HEy Guys,

I am waiting for 046. Does anyone know when the Selection Comittee Results. Im getting Stressed out here.   ??? ??? ???. Also 43 was my third option. btw What does "merrit listed means?"

Thnkz

I think merit listed means you've been rated against other potential recruits, so you could be #1 on the merit list, or #50, etc.  I believe you are rated on whatever applies to your trade, such as if you are skilled in your trade, unskilled, partially skilled, etc.  as well as whatever else they rate you on.  So once your on the merit list you are ready for them to hire you if they so choose.  I'm sure theres more to it than this, but thats basically what I interpret being 'merit listed' means.

oh crap, now i'm really worried! 043 is my first choice, and currently my only. i have my interview on the 3rd of november and now im starting to think i should put some other trades down. i REALLY want to be an engineer, but i have no experience in engineering and you guys seem to have already been merit listed for a long friggin time!

Morgs, 043 was my only choice as well, but that is because I know that is what I want to do. Have you taken time to read the job descriptions on 043? Also have you talked to the recruiters to find out what the job entails? I've been merrit listed since June or July (can't remember now) but I actually got my offer on Friday, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. If you really want to do it then you will wait it out...

I don't understand, I did my interview 3 month ago and they have told me that the board will be held in min NOV. After reading this article I FR#@$#$ out cause some people claim to get the offer. I called recruiting in Montreal and they confirmed the mid November date. Can someone please explain this to me.

2nd how do U know if u are merit listed? what makes U merit listed and not others. thank U

Congrats Banko!!! ;D
not to be condescending or anything, because I'm sure it happens, i wouldn't even think about applying for a job that i am going to be in for at least 3 years of my life without thinking about what that job entails.  ;)
Engineers is what i want and if i have to stick it out, then so be it! so far I've be quasi lucky. i handed in all of my forms, did my CFAT/PT on October 6th and although CFRC -Toronto told me it would be 3 weeks to a month to get back the security clearance it was back in about 4 days! unfortunately the first interview/medical date was Nov. 3. as i understand it, this still seems to be a relatively short time to wait.
this seems to me to be the part where it slows down considerably.

Also, i was wondering if someone could explain to me about selection committee i.e when they are held etc I've seen conflicting posts and would like to get a definitive answer? and open positions in the engineers/being offered a position? i know this is based on the merit list, i dint have any engineering qualifications parsee, but i am currently in my first year at york university, taking software development which does require a fair amount of math and some physics. the only problem is, i stopped taking physics in grade 11 and i cant put on my file that I'm at york taking software development because i haven't been in a year yet, so basically all they see is my high school diploma.
just in case anyone suggests it, i cant handle sitting at a computer for most of the day for the next 4 years it would drive me :dontpanic: and would prefer not to finish and get my degree (stupid as that may sound) i just want in!!!!!!
thanks for your help in advance....

oh also, one more thing (sorry)  i was in cadets over in england, but again i could not put down any of that information on my application because the info space for cadets was for Canadian cadets ONLY. i did ask my recruiter about this, but the answer was that I'm sol on that.
should i mention this in the interview? will i need to prove it? a minor inconvenience but an inconvenience nonetheless. and if i do include this in the interview and am required to provide proof, will it hold up my application?
sorry for such a long post :eek: i know not all (and if by not all i mean most) of my questions dint apply to this thread but i couldn't find much info on these specific questions.
thanks for all of your help and reply if you can

i applied for the reserves back in may, switched to reg in june, was merit listed at the start of september, and was called today and offered 043. first i was told basic starts jan 11th, but there are a few spots open for nov 16th, so i took the nov 16th date.
gl to everyone else still waiting!

Morgs, I had to ask about your knowledge of 043 because when I did my interview the officer told me that I was the only applicant that knew what a combat engineer did... hopefully those people are put at the bottom of the list. You are going reg force, right? I would say stick with school especially until the end of this semester. Find out from the recruiter what benefits there are for you staying in school, and also about being able to join as an officer, or having the CF pay for some of your school. The last time I was at the recruiting office they were talking to a guy with a few years of university and they were totally sucking up to this guy. Maybe ask about joining the reserves while you do another year or 2 of school, see how that would work out. Of course, that's only a suggestion. I know what you mean about wanting to get in right now. I sit at a computer all day and can't stand it anymore... I think I'm going to call in sick for the rest of the week... :p

Casus, I was merrit listed in June (I think, might have been july) and my basic starts on nov 23rd. I kinda wish I was able to get on a little sooner, but oh well... maybe see you around st jean one of these days...

Thanks for the input Banko :)
i just have to get out of university now, i cannot stand it i just dont want to invest all that money into something that im not going to finish/enjoy/both. i've forced myself to get up ever day and go in for the last month or so and i think my mind has made up that it wont be giong in again, which if fine by me and my mum (i havent told my dad yet, he is a programmer and will be less than pleased -oh well i'll just tell him to suck it up! :threat:)
its just so mundane... i dont see how people can do office work all their adult life, its crazy!
you have little over a month to go... sweet! maybe you should take the rest of the week off, ha!
well as for the interview my g/f's mum has been interviewing me and im pretty comfortable with it....

Back