• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any postal clerks here?

A little late in responding....but hiya!

We don't treat the mail like we do our responses on the board :p

Well well well...I never expected a reply!! I'm just researching some different trades and was just wondering about your trade.....how are things in the trade......how do you like it...where do the majority of postal clerks get posted....rank progression rate, etc, etc.  If you dont mind, of course.
  Cheers
C.O.D. :cdn:

Don't mind at all :)

It's a great trade if you're willing to give up the glamour of the combat arms lol
From a personal standpoint, I get a lot of gratification from serving the troops, to whom I used to belong.
The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence but it is a great trade.
The Op tempo can go from a few years of sitting around to less than 24 hours to deploy (like on DART etc)

Our three biggest bases are Trenton, Victoria and Halifax.
We have offices on most major bases across the country and a few static CFPO's overseas

Promotions are booming right now as the trade is expanding back into the army and new positions are being created.

You can find more info at http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dgpgp/dpgr/engraph/specifications/report_occ_e.asp?sec=2&mosid=00167

Cheers

Back