• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are heat tabs still allowed

Scoobie Newbie

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
I ask because we are getting into ration heat packs and pressure cookers and the heat tabs were pretty noxious so I was wondering if it has come down officially as to wheather we still are suppossed to use them or not.

Any such a msg should have come across my desk up until about 2 months ago, and I certainly hadn't seen anything on them as of then.

Perhaps in the past couple of weeks, but I doubt it.

I mean, don't huff the fumes, but...

DF

Any such message would have definitely com across my desk and none has been presented to me.

I think that they are usefull as long as you are not trying to cook inside a hooch or are trying to dry your face with one.

As a matter of interest I have just ordered more for next training year so we will see if they arrive

GF

Well I was just curious really.  The seem to be rather toxic it and the army may have gotten around to getting rid of them but I guess not.  RN PRN I would strongly suggest you try to get yourself some of the ration pack heaters.  They are the cats ass.

I am assuming that you are referring to the little light green bags that you fill with a bit of water and let stand for a few minutes.

If it is then, yeah I have requested them

GF

Are they still in the system? I haven't seen them in years. They are great for a little heat during your 0100 to 0300 trench duty. But I don't miss the residue that it leaves under your canteen cup.

Back