• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armour Officer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke18

Inactive
Reaction score
Do Armour Officer's revieve combat training similar to a NCM?
The reason for asking is simple. Im thinking of choosing this trade as #1 on my ROTP application.  I believe Armour will provide me with the sufficient combat training and leadership skills, which one day could propel be into Special Ops.

Is my reasoning correct?
Should I instead select Infantry as #1?

Remember, im looking for the trade (Combat Arms) which best preps me for the training and experiences of Special Ops.

Im looking for your guy's opinion here!

As stated in your other threads, Luke, CSOR, JTF 2, CANSOFCOM take their personnel from all trades of the CF. An infantryman will tell you the infantry will prepare you better while a crewman will tell you driving tanks will better prepare you, its all subjective. Just concentrate on getting in the CF, and worry about Special Ops later.

MARS, Infantry officer, Armour officer......

If you're only joining to try and get into JTF2 (or other), you may want to rethink your reasons for applying.

Why does everyone on here assume that everytime somebody creates a couple threads about JTF2, they automatically have no interest in the CF besides retaining a position in JTF2? In my situation, I can assure you, this is not the case.

Im interested in many aspects of the CF. Becoming a Pilot, SARTECH, Electronic Warfare on board CP-140 Aurora's, Ships Team Divers, Clearence Divers, Naval Boarding Parties, etc. Im a kid going into grade 12 using this site to explore the possibilities in the CF!

I am AIMING for JTF2! Its not my only wish in life, ITS A GOAL! And the reason for creating this thread is simple,
I wish to recieve other peoples opinion on which trade might best prepare somebody for such training and selection... its that simple.

Luke18 said:
I wish to recieve other peoples opinion on which trade might best prepare somebody for such training and selection... its that simple.

Before this gets ugly, just drop it. Your questions have been answered in three of your threads (two of which are locked).

1. Get in the CF.

2. Get your training done.

3. Apply when the time comes.

As you said, it's that simple.

Luke, I'm posting over the lock in the spirit as though I, as a regular member, had PM'd one of the staff to provide information that I think appropriate to your question.

Having worked with (not in) JTF 2 since its formation, I will tell you that the single common theme amongst all personnel in the unit, be they officer or NCM, are their personal qualities of professionalism, competence/excellence and motivation - irrespective of whatever trade or occupation they were.  I would suggest that while physical prowess is a hallmark of the unit, more important is mental resolve and stamina, and that's a personal thing, not something that any of the training and career streams for Armour, or for any trade or classification for that matter, can directly teach you.

You really can't "aim" for being in JTF 2...your character and dedication will determine to the greatest degree whether you will pass selection, should the day come when you apply.  I don't mean to burst your bubble, but if you're getting flustered by some of the responses here, I would say you may have an uphill effort to develop into what the unit thrives on.

Regards
G2G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back