• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Pub Night, Tara Inn, Scarborough - 27 Nov 2006 1900h

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
I'm making a short trip to Toronto at the end of the month. Actually, it's Scarborough, but I'll have a car and my evenings should be free. I'll be in town 26-29 Nov inclusive. That's (unfortunately) a Sunday-Wednesday. Probably the Wednesday night is best for me (don't have to be 'presentable' the next day, just drive back to Ottawa) but really, any night would do.

Anyone in the area up for a few pints? I'm open to suggestions for a location that's good for the majority.

Update, partly lifted from tess' post:

Tara Inn
2365 Kingston Road
Scarborough, ON M1N 1V1
416-266-6200
Map

Monday, 27 Nov, 1900h

I'm in for this.........and I have convinced Mike to bring army.ca swag along with him for those who wish to purchase it from 'da man' himself. [He always feels like thats putting the squeeze on people]

I know I hate sending money and waiting for a return package so for those like me, a great chance to get some.............oh yea, Mike,that reminds me, I will bring my money for the last 2 shirts also. :-*

Scarborough?!?

Poop, when you said Kennedy Road I forgot there is more than one, I was thinking Brampton,...........I'm still in.

Scarborough?

Well I do have my passport and I'm told that the TTC has routes way out there in the wilds of Scarbeia. (So named because it is the desolate post-apocalyptic waste land to the east) And I've gotten over my phobia of the suburbs, although I do know the crime rate is allot higher as you get out of the dt core. Can I put in a vote for anywhere near a subway/transit line? (Or dt is good too)  I live DT and parking would cost me more than my rent so I am sans-auto. I enjoyed myself at the last pub night, although I had to leave early.

Mike,
I need to know where you're staying....................so I don't have to drive.

the 48th regulator said:
Scarborough...My villa!

So you would know of a good place near a ttc line?  (Preferably near the rail system and well lit - Scarberia scares me)  :warstory:  (I'm kidding, mostly)

Are those nifty red t-shirts still available?

Yes, if I'm not in Kingston for Final Drive. I'm not fussy where.

Why is it boss when ever you grace our presence it's gotta be Scarberia? I' in D9er approval pending  :-[.

So when and where boys and girls?

yeah, i'd come too but Scarberia is a tad out of the way for me............

Mike has a car and is close to the 401,.............I wouldn't mind something closer to the "middle" of the highway.

Ideas?

Oh come on people...we live inthe largest city in this country witha modern Transit system (okay that last part was sarcasm).

I will locate a Pub suitable for the Drouthy Cronies...

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:

Oh no, who left it up to Tess?  He doesn't get out much, and when he does, lo and behold, the pub has changed it's name.  Just make sure you get the address folks!

(hehe, love ya Tess, but you knew it was going to haunt you...  :D)

the 48th regulator said:
Oh come on people...we live inthe largest city in this country witha modern Transit system (okay that last part was sarcasm).

dileas

tess

I dont brother, im an hour out of the city...............almost 2 out from Scarborough, depending on traffic.

the 48th regulator said:
Ahah!!

Scarborough...My villa!

I am in

dileas

tess

Mine too, although I think you beat me here.  :D  There are plenty of "Chain Bars" in and around the Scarborough Town Centre (Jack Astors having the biggest bar section)  Although I vote for the Tara Inn on Kingston Rd (Kingston Rd, Southwest of Midland Ave, right before the split into Danforth Ave).  Its a fair size Irish Pub, 12 different beers on tap, and kick *** wings.  Also wednesdays are pretty quite, and my buddy who works there is very diligent about keeping the local troublemakers out.

That is an excellent one!, Easy to get to, and a fair sized pub, and I can tell you many a 48th stories regarding this place (or where it used to be) ant he 48th Scarborough clan and myself.....

Tara Inn
2365 Kingston Road
Scarborough, ON M1N 1V1
416-266-6200
Map

If anyone is interested, we can do cocktails at my homestaed and grab a cab to there...I will order a haggis to fill the belly from one of the finest Scottish butchers in Toronto!  :D

dileas

tess

So is it Wednesday then? If so, I'll be eastbound on the 401 just a few hours too early.

Monday night is my best, however I'm sure I can be swayed for any night...

Back