• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Arty STA Tp Cmdr Course?

ArtyO

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm quite interested in attending the STA troop commander course in Gagetown but there isn't much info available on it so everyone I talk to just shrugs it off. I know that the first formal course was held this past fall, initially for one single person who would be deployed as such. This past summer, I was told that they were literally taking any arty officers with at least phase 3, to fill out the course. Does anyone know if another STA Tp Cmdr course is coming up and whether or not the applicant situation has changed?

Cheers!

The next STA Troop Commander course is supposed to happen this Sept (2008)
But considering TF 1-08 is not even taking a TC, (I don't know why), time will tell how urgent the need is for more Tp Cmdr's
My guess is the need will definitely still be there once current TF lessons learned start to be absorbed, and the deploying TF realises it might not of been such a good idea to go without.
Far as I know the prerequisites haven't changed either, i.e. only after completing DP 1.2 would an officer possibly go on a STA Tp Commander course. I haven't heard of it being offered to any officers that completed the Air Defence DP 1.2. That having been said it is possible an air defence officer might go since DP 1.1 was/is considered the common part, but this might change too, so remain alert!

Thanks very much, Petard. That's everything that I wanted to know!

Back