• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AUMB TORONTO AIR FACTOR?

Kirtaries

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,

I am currently in the CT process for CEOTP Pilot. I was talking with the flight surgeon yesterday and he said he has sent my file to AUMB Toronto. Does this mean my CT broker can now book me for Air Crew Selection. Or does AUMB actually have to assess the Med Docs and give results back to me before i can be booked for ACS. I have searched and asked multiple people but cant seem to find a cut and dry answer.

Cheers,  :salute:

Kirtaries said:
Good day,

I am currently in the CT process for CEOTP Pilot. I was talking with the flight surgeon yesterday and he said he has sent my file to AUMB Toronto. Does this mean my CT broker can now book me for Air Crew Selection. Or does AUMB actually have to assess the Med Docs and give results back to me before i can be booked for ACS. I have searched and asked multiple people but cant seem to find a cut and dry answer.

Cheers,  :salute:

Suppose you fail your Air Factor on your Medical?  Does that answer your question? 

So AUMB has to inform you that you are Air Factor 1 before being sent to ACS. And then if you pass ACS you go for body measurments and more tests and then you may still not be found medically fit for pilot?  :-\

Kirtaries said:
So AUMB has to inform you that you are Air Factor 1 before being sent to ACS. And then if you pass ACS you go for body measurments and more tests and then you may still not be found medically fit for pilot?  :-\

I believe they have to assign you an Air Factor of "4" prior to attending ASC.  If you manage to successfully complete the Pilot portion of ASC, then you get to make a personal visit to AUMB for a "hands on" medical and it is that medical that is used for assigning the AF 1.

Thanks DAA, that makes sense. Just trying to figure out timelines so ill know if I can still make selections for the fall or not.

Back