• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Australian Defence Policy satire

dimsum

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
1,368
Points
940
Hilarious take on Australia's defence policy, from the ABC's show Utopia:

https://www.facebook.com/ABCiview/videos/1233138610126078/?hc_ref=ARQcT68bj_haqe4xjC2ggt3OBj19yLrvjjcwgDGGbBe-MumkbCG2ZgYfphyu-NgBCU0
 
J

jollyjacktar

Guest
That is a funny skit to be sure.  But, isn't there a grain of truth to that clip? :eek:rly:
 

dimsum

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
1,368
Points
940
jollyjacktar said:
That is a funny skit to be sure.  But, isn't there a grain of truth to that clip? :eek:rly:

Well, the best satire/parody has a grain of truth.
 

Good2Golf

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
2,590
Points
1,160
The same reason why "Yes, Minister." was so (sadly) funny.
 

OTR1

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Not bad!

Even more food for thought is the fact that RAN just shoved its first task group on patrol since most people in this forum were born. The last was Indian Ocean Deployment 1980, when a mate of mine went for an unscheduled swim from his Skyhawk when the carrier catapult went u/s.

Now we have Indo Pacific Endeavour 2017.

Some words and stuff in this news clip, from Sydney - https://youtu.be/1DE_phsVA7E

Six ships (one LHD, one tanker, four frigates), approx 1200 pers.

No point even guessing if there's a sub in the mix.

Due home at end of November.

 

dimsum

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
1,368
Points
940
OTR1 said:
Not bad!

Even more food for thought is the fact that RAN just shoved its first task group on patrol since most people in this forum were born. The last was Indian Ocean Deployment 1980, when a mate of mine went for an unscheduled swim from his Skyhawk when the carrier catapult went u/s.

Now we have Indo Pacific Endeavour 2017.

Some words and stuff in this news clip, from Sydney - https://youtu.be/1DE_phsVA7E

Six ships (one LHD, one tanker, four frigates), approx 1200 pers.

No point even guessing if there's a sub in the mix.

Due home at end of November.

That is a self-sustaining TG - sadly, more than what we can do now thanks to having no tanker. 

Also, it's not like the RAN has done nothing - the ANZAC class were contributors to CTF 150 and 151 for the anti-piracy patrols.
 

OTR1

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Dimsum said:
Also, it's not like the RAN has done nothing - the ANZAC class were contributors to CTF 150 and 151 for the anti-piracy patrols.
Single-ship deployments end in second half of next year, although unknown what plans are in place for CTF150 commitments, et al.

 

Good2Golf

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
2,590
Points
1,160
I personally liked taking F-35 Prototype #4 out behind the woodshed an doing and "Old Yeller" because it had become self aware. :nod:

G2G
 
Top