• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Baret For My Dad / Corporal Wilmer Sanders

T

tims

My Dad is a veteran of WWII he served with the Sherebrooke Fusiliers in the 2nd CAB.
We are planning to go to Holland this spring to attend the 60th anniversary celebrations of the Liberation.
Dad still has and fits in his jacket but is missing his baret.

Does any one know how to get an original baret or at least a resonable replica.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance for your co-operation :cdn:

The armoured corps still wears black berets, but wartime ones were cut much fuller than the modern one.  Check with Jerry Lee at What Price Glory (a google search will find his website).  He used to sell repro WW II berets.  You may want to post your query to my forum at www.canadiansoldiers.com also - and try the forum at www.mapleleafup.org also.  Good luck!  If you run into roadblocks, email me at madorosh@shaw.ca

Hello
I read that you are coming to Holland this year for the 60th anniversity of libertated Holland. The Sherbrooke fusilliers were also  in Steenwijk at 15 april 1945 to liberate it. Also the Regins rifles and the 6th Anti tank Regiment. Can your father help me witch bataljon from the Sherbrookes was here? And did they stay after liberating Steenwijk for a few weeks to occupie? Was this a French Canadian unit?
Steenwijk is a little place in the northern part of Holland.

elly said:
Hello
I read that you are coming to Holland this year for the 60th anniversity of libertated Holland. The Sherbrooke fusilliers were also  in Steenwijk at 15 april 1945 to liberate it. Also the Regins rifles and the 6th Anti tank Regiment. Can your father help me witch bataljon from the Sherbrookes was here? And did they stay after liberating Steenwijk for a few weeks to occupie? Was this a French Canadian unit?
Steenwijk is a little place in the northern part of Holland.

The Sherbrooke Fusiliers were an armoured regiment; as such they had only one "battalion".  I believe the regiment at that time was an English-speaking unit.

Tims
  You maybe able to get one from the Sher Hussars.  Micheal, please Armour units are Regts not Btls. Even if a Regt was a Inf Btl it was converted to Regt. Some history for you. The Sher FR were part of the 4th Canadian Armour Div, 4th then 3rd Army Tank Bde, and were the 27 th Armour Regt.

tims said:
My Dad is a veteran of WWII he served with the Sherebrooke Fusiliers in the 2nd CAB.
We are planning to go to Holland this spring to attend the 60th anniversary celebrations of the Liberation.
Dad still has and fits in his jacket but is missing his baret.

Does any one know how to get an original baret or at least a resonable replica.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance for your co-operation :cdn:

Back