• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Base Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoPelle

Inactive
Reaction score
I just wanted to know where the base are located once you finish your BMQ.
My mom's friend told me that back in the day when he served, one of the base was located in Germany.
I know there is one in Valcartier but thats about it .

There are Canadian Forces Bases, Training Centres, etc located across Canada; there are also some postings outside Canada(such as Europe, USA).

JoPelle said:
I just wanted to know where the base are located once you finish your BMQ.

Some here from 2005. 

CF Bases 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25903.0.html

mariomike said:
Some here from 2005. List may not be complete.

CF Bases 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25903.0.html

thanks alot

So you are asking about life in the CF post BMQ but your knowledge of the CF is limited to knowing bases may be located in Valcartier and Germany. I am thinking this may be the least of your worries.

PAdm said:
So you are asking about life in the CF post BMQ but your knowledge of the CF is limited to knowing bases may be located in Valcartier and Germany. I am thinking this may be the least of your worries.

wow. If you are going to post irrelevant stuff like this, you better go do something better.
I was just curious about where the base were. I think the least of your worries should be what my worries are.

JoPelle said:
wow. If you are going to post irrelevant stuff like this, you better go do something better.
I was just curious about where the base were. I think the least of your worries should be what my worries are.

First off, 10 seconds on Google gave me this:  http://en.m.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Forces_base

Second, you missed my point. You were asking about life after BMQ and were not specific. If I was contemplating a life in the CF, I would have done some homework and asked this knowledgeable forum a pointed question, or for thoughts, or for advice. Your post was "irrelevant stuff", not my response.  Don't be rude, and don't be a time waster. I joined this forum as I believed I could contribute to a dialogue and engage in a discussion.  But you are correct, the least of my worries are your worries. Trust me.

PAdm said:
First off, 10 seconds on Google gave me this:  http://en.m.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Forces_base

Second, you missed my point. You were asking about life after BMQ and were not specific. If I was contemplating a life in the CF, I would have done some homework and asked this knowledgeable forum a pointed question, or for thoughts, or for advice. Your post was "irrelevant stuff", not my response.  Don't be rude, and don't be a time waster. I joined this forum as I believed I could contribute to a dialogue and engage in a discussion.  But you are correct, the least of my worries are your worries. Trust me.

Sorry if I sounded rude.
Trust me, I did alot of research about life after BMQ, and I talked to alot of people that were in the army.
My question was just out of curiosity of were the base were located, cause I heard some nice location.
Again, im sorry if I said something rude or dissrespectful.

Apology accepted. Your mil points took a beating for a reason. Folks that cannot get along get weeded out of the CF pretty quickly, so play nice.

PAdm said:
Apology accepted. Your mil points took a beating for a reason. Folks that cannot get along get weeded out of the CF pretty quickly, so play nice.
[/quote

This is the internet.
But I suppose I could have talked less.
Its ok, I never had problems with human interaction, im a pretty cool guy. So my future CF career is safe!

JoPelle said:
Sorry if I sounded rude.
Trust me, I did alot of research about life after BMQ, and I talked to alot of people that were in the army.
My question was just out of curiosity of were the base were located, cause I heard some nice location.
Again, im sorry if I said something rude or dissrespectful.

Depends what "nice" means to you.  Personally speaking, I like cities and water/ocean so I'm partial to where the Navy bases are (Victoria BC, Halifax NS) and some of the Air Force bases (Comox BC, Victoria BC, Halifax NS) but aside from Quebec City, Edmonton or Kingston, I wouldn't think any of the Army bases are in places I'd choose to live in.

Again, you may think that Petawawa, Valcartier or Shilo is great. 

"Again, you may think that Petawawa, Valcartier or Shilo is great. "

I'm pretty sure the rent is cheap at least in those places, which is a good thing. LOL!

Cbbmtt said:
"Again, you may think that Petawawa, Valcartier or Shilo is great. "

I'm pretty sure the rent is cheap at least in those places, which is a good thing. LOL!

lol true that.

JoPelle said:
lol true that.

Ignoring the MSN speak or grammar, your three words are confirming rent is cheap at bases that you asked members to list earlier this week.

You have the time to follow up on your question this week and confirm the real estate prices
and comparative costs of living near each base already?  :bullshit:

or are you posting to hear your keyboard fall in the forest?

kratz said:
Ignoring the MSN speak or grammar, your three words are confirming rent is cheap at bases that you asked members to list earlier this week.

You have the time to follow up on your question this week and confirm the real estate prices
and comparative costs of living near each base already?  :bullshit:

or are you posting to hear your keyboard fall in the forest?

http://www.cfha-alfc.forces.gc.ca/faq/rent-loyer-eng.aspx

This link was proved in your initial post? Saving time, bandwith and keeping the discussion on topic?

From personal experience in the PMQs, that list is useless.
The local rental rates near the base I lived on were cheaper than the PMQs and
often provided better services too.

The only benefit I found living on base, was being close to work.

But you know all of this JoPelle, when you posted "lol true that".

edit: to added personal knowledge.

kratz said:
This link was proved in your initial post? Saving time, bandwith and keeping the discussion on topic?

From personal experience in the PMQs, that list is useless.
The local rental rates near the base I lived on were cheaper than the PMQs and
often provided better services too.

The only benefit I found living on base, was being close to work.

But you know all of this JoPelle, when you posted "lol true that".

edit: to added personal knowledge.

The ''lol true that'' comment was to agree with the fact that the cheaper the better.
From now on, ill only post super extreme relevent amazing stuff.
You people take this shit pretty seriously !

JoPelle said:
You people take this crap pretty seriously !
Ofcourse.  While this is an unofficial privately owned forum that has no direct connection the Government of Canada or the Canadian Military, many of the members are current, former or aspiring members of the Canadian Forces.  Therefore great efforts are taken to ensure the information provided is correct and relevant.

If I can offer some friendly advice, take a step back, cool your head and patiently observe.  We don't need anyone else going up the warning system, and would rather see productive members join this forum, but if you continue to get your collar up and push the limits then the warning system of the forum will be used.  You started here on the wrong foot, so eat a little crow (we've all had to do it) and reload with a calmer temperment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back