• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Beefed up security

Canadian.Trucker

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
It's about time.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2006/07/27/security.html

I remember when I first moved to Ottawa in '02 and you could drive underneath NDHQ between the North and South towers.  They eventually blocked that off and had a guardhouse with a car as a gate to block access.  I believe they also put up large cement blocks around the premises.

I think it's about time they looked at a proper fence or something of that nature because it's a very vulnerable target.  I'm not sure how far they can go because the O-transit has a major bus stop with the Rideau centre right beside and many civillians loitering around right at one of the primary entrances to NDHQ.  It wouldn't take much effort to run through the doors, over the turnstyle and detonate a suicide bomb (or multiple bombs) right in the centre of the building.  This is way overdue.  I just hope they go far enough to make sure proper security measures are done not only worrying about vehicles but individual people as well.

Just a silly question. If someone blew up NDHQ...would everything in the CF grind to a halt, or would momentum carry us forward for the next 5 years and nothing would change?  ;D

5 years.....heck even the with the loss of the CDS (if he was in the building) I pretty sure we could carry on indefinatley without NDHQ ;D

I just read another thread informing me I'm just a part of the Bush Regime, so I can say with authority NDHQ is just a node for the Pentagon.  We'd carry on per norm with perhaps a little less interference.

GAP said:
Just a silly question. If someone blew up NDHQ...would everything in the CF grind to a halt, or would momentum carry us forward for the next 5 years and nothing would change?  ;D

little joke I heard concerning Ottawa:

It's WWII and Germany has sent a spy to Ottawa to see what Gov't buildings would make good targets if Germany ever got the capability to bomb North America. A month passes by and the spy reports back to Headquarters:
"Don't even bother. If you bomb one building they've got 2 or 3 other buildings, fully staffed, doing exactly the same job."

so in answer to your question, no it wouldn't.

Back