• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Belgian camouflage! no joke!

AlphaCharlie

Inactive
Reaction score
belgian3.jpg

This photo is not altered in any way. Hehe.... they'd blend right in... at the carnival.

Its probably effective in their country, but here they'd stick out.

Its not as bad as the old swiss camo pattern, that had a lot of red in it.

Holy molly (to be polite)!!   I blend better than that in the wood with my hunting (orange) vest!!    :dontpanic:

As we say in french: "Maudit Francais (ou belge, c'est pareil)"    ::)

I think that it looks better than the old solid green Canadian uniforms, if these are their older ones.

The Belgain pattern works quite well in the area it was designed for,namely Europe.The Swiss pattern is quite effective (yes the old red one) in areas with lots of pine trees just like ..hmm I don't know Switzerland!!! Judging a camo pattern with the troops standing in the open is a pretty uiseless way to do it as no cam pattern is effective  when standing in a frigging parking lot.  ::)

I dunno, I saw a picture of swiss troops in the red cam pattern, an it wasn't that effective. The troops were in a forest.  The new swiss cam pattern works/looks better in my opinion.

MG34 said:
Judging a camo pattern with the troops standing in the open is a pretty uiseless way to do it as no cam pattern is effective   when standing in a frigging parking lot.   ::)

You have to admit that it looks weird anyways..  :D  I don't doubt that if they adopted it, it's because it's working in a way..

Life is a joke..  if you don't laugh, well, you're not funny...  Does that make sense??  no??  ok then, I'll get back to work!!  ;D 

Sorry guy, I'm a little tired!  :boring:

That stuff looks funny.  But if it works, who cares.  In my opinion the ugliest cam is the german temperate pattern (flecktarn??).  Tres ugly.

Here are some pictures of belgian Paras in action:
the camo pattern doesn't look too bad in the field

http://www.mil.be/armycomp/gallery.asp?LAN=E&ID=141
http://www.mil.be/armycomp/gallery.asp?LAN=E&ID=142
http://www.mil.be/armycomp/gallery.asp?LAN=E&ID=143

It's all up to the operational environment... Sure, it works in belgium...

I think that the hue on the camo is a little fruity, but I see where the conclusion of effectiveness is derived.

Of all the european camos, my favs, would be flectarn and Alpineflage.

Cheers

Somewhere, I bet there's a Belgian message board with a thread entitled "Canadian Trucks - No joke!!"  I think we have lots of room for improvement before criticizing the effectiveness of another country's camouflage patterns, particularly, when most of us have never operated in their AOs (or anybody's AOs, for that matter)    ::)

im more of a fan of the danish (m8?) or something like that. its quite similer to the original cadpat (non digital)

Wow, who came up with that colour scheme...the makers of play-doh?  Those are fruity looking!  But if it works for them, great.

cheeky_monkey said:
I think that it looks better than the old solid green Canadian uniforms, if these are their older ones.
There was nothing wrong with our old combat's, I've used them in Yakima in the high desert and all's we did was cover our selves in dust and we meleded in quite well when hiding in the scrub!
The only bich I have is they melt!!
We need a all cotten uniform,no synthetic's just an all natural material to save us from serious burn's.
Guess what our new uniform is made of?

All cotton?  Man that would suck if it got wet, it would take forever and a day to dry.  At least the stuff the current uniforms are made of, though it's not perfect, is fairly quick to dry and easy to clean.  That makes it much more functional, IMHO.

The new uniforms melt?

I've never tried it with the old uniforms, but I watched a buddy hold a lighter against one of the new uniforms for a good couple of minutes... didn't burn (A second guy tried it, cursed after a few seconds and jumped away... didn't realise the first guy was also wearing long johns underneath.

Its not as bad as the old swiss camo pattern, that had a lot of red in it.

A while back we did an ex where we brought out a couple different camouflage types. The swiss cam, although a bit faded, worked INCREDIBLY well in Albertan fall conditions...

Hey , sorry for my englisch , its because i'am a belian paratrooper who whil go to afghanistan next month . I thougt it's the man who's in the dress that counts and not the dress itself. So we shall see who is better  , the belgian or the canadians .

Hope we will meet eachother

Greeetz  Marc Motten

Belgian  Army

Use the spell checker.

Also, what do you mean, you will see who's better, the Canadians or the Belgians? Better at what?

How long has Belgium been in Afghanistan, I haven't heard anything about them being there.

Back