• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ / BMOQ - Smoking and Chewing Tobacco [Merged]

BeyondTheNow

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Jakeb said:
Just wondering what the policy on chewing tobacco is at BMQ

People use it in the smoke pit on breaks and on weekends after indoc. (Of course there’re those who sneak it here and there, but it’s not advisable if you’d like to not face unnecessary consequences for yourself or possibly your pl mates.) If your staff catches you with a wad in your mouth during duty/teachable times (or when they’re inspecting your floor unexpectedly and you didn’t have time to hide/get rid of the evidence), it will not go over well.

Some staff have allowed it during down time in the field much later in course, but that’s solely up to their discretion.

You can bring the pipe and tin, but I'm telling you right now that you will not have the time to enjoy a smoke. Timings are tight and smoking is a privilege at CFLRS. 

FinnO25 said:
You can bring the pipe and tin, but I'm telling you right now that you will not have the time to enjoy a smoke. Timings are tight and smoking is a privilege at CFLRS.

What about evenings and weekends;  I was in instructor there a decade ago and there was always recruits out in the smoking areas after supper and weekends. 

When you are off indoc the time you have is yours, but the reality is that your staff don't have to give you smoke breaks.       
  "If timings are tight, you're not getting a light"

My point was more that you said "you won't have time for a smoke at CFLRS" and I am saying there are times you won't, and times you will.  So the pers who asked about their pipe, at some point in time, will have time to go light up.

Eye In The Sky said:
My point was more that you said "you won't have time for a smoke at CFLRS" and I am saying there are times you won't, and times you will.  So the pers who asked about their pipe, at some point in time, will have time to go light up.

Yes.

Finn025: In the future please make sure you’re clear/concise with advice you’re posting as fact. Just as you, yourself, counted on the accuracy of what others posted and what you were reading, other new users will expect the same.

Correct I should have been more clear in my statement. I was however referring to the time it would take to pack and then light up a pipe.
That is my mistake thank you for making me aware.
Regards, FinnO

Mason Jar said:
In my opinion the reserves shouldn't be a "trial" sort of thing where you just test the waters out, because you're still in the military.  Reservists are trained to the same standard as reg force and if you're joining  the reserves with the intention of leaving immediately / in the near future you would be better off just applying for the regular forces when you're ready.

Okay full time it is. Can you dip/chew tobacco at bmq?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back