• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ filled up for this summer?

Kate723

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wondering what my chances are that I'll be doing my training this summer or in the fall.

Most reserve units run at least 2 serials of BMQ a year. One in the fall and the other in the spring. There might be an opportunity to do a BMQ/SQ in the summer at a training base like Gagetown (not sure if this is done).

Kate723 said:
I was just wondering what my chances are that I'll be doing my training this summer or in the fall.

Can you give us any less information in order for us to try to help you.

Geez.  are you thinking of enrolling. Already enrolled, in the system somewhere. 
Also, location, trades, etc... 

Help a guy out here.  We do genuinely (minus my sarcasm) want to answer your question,
but...  without any info.. I might as well through darts at a wall or ask my cat what the
answer is.

I would think if you didn't know if you were on a BMQ by now...  good luck, but
that's me straying out of my lane. ;)

Info as requested :)

I've done my CFAT and am 'conditionally enrolled' until I pass my physical and fitness tests.

I want the infantry trade, and I'm going to be with 1RNBR if I pass everything.

Is that what you wanted to know?

If I take my PT and med on 31 May 06 will I be able to make to Aug BMQ? Anybody have an idea? I am going infantry.

Speaking of taking your medical, how long did it take them to call you? I've been waiting two weeks since I did my CFAT and I'm getting impatient LOL!!

Kate723 said:
Speaking of taking your medical, how long did it take them to call you? I've been waiting two weeks since I did my CFAT and I'm getting impatient LOL!!

2 weeks !!!

Have you even bothered to read other people's stories on this site ?

Come back and whine when its been 2-3 months

Yes i know, you are from the "right f'ing now" generation and all that crap  ::)

aesop081 said:
Yes i know, you are from the "right f'ing now" generation and all that crap  ::)

:rofl: Thanks aesop..I needed that.

THe med officer laughed at me when I asked if it was going to take them 3 months to get back to me after my medical,
his exact words I believe were,

"If you had asked me 5 years ago I may have said yes"

I just sent in my med about a week ago and they were saying chances are very good of getting on for summer employment barring something unforseen like a med or security problem.

Speaking of taking your medical, how long did it take them to call you? I've been waiting two weeks  since I did my CFAT and I'm getting impatient LOL!!
I heard somewhere that the military slogan is "Hurry up and wait". I've been waiting since November and the forecast is calling for more waiting. Stay focused. Don't count the days it only goes slower. Count months instead ;) and before you know it...I'm in the same boat :) Just keep your eyes on the prize. :salute:

yeah, two weeks isn't all that much... I just have a patience problem... I wasn't born with it... I'll stay focused. Thanks! :-*

haha 2 weeks?  Longer for otheres?

Oh man, i feel sorry for all of you who had to wait that long to hear back from them.  In Barrie Ontario at the Recruiting center, I did my apptitude and fitness test and when i was finished, they immediatly scheduled me for my medical and interview...which was conducted exactly 2 weeks later. 2 weeks after that, i got the call to set up a date to be sworn in. 

HURRY UP AND WAIT!

-Adrenaline

Weeks??? :brickwall:

Meh... I was going to join the chorus, but I think I'll go back to the couch. ;D

Got the call for my medical!! I'm so excited right now it's sad ::)

Adrenaline said:
haha 2 weeks?  Longer for otheres?

Oh man, i feel sorry for all of you who had to wait that long to hear back from them.  In Barrie Ontario at the Recruiting center, I did my apptitude and fitness test and when i was finished, they immediatly scheduled me for my medical and interview...which was conducted exactly 2 weeks later. 2 weeks after that, i got the call to set up a date to be sworn in. 

HURRY UP AND WAIT!

-Adrenaline

It's going pretty damn fast in Windsor, On right now. I started mid-Dec '05 and got sworn in Feb 1st 06' now I'm just finishing up BMQ.

good luck to all
Nick

I started the whole process back in December, but while I passed my cfat, PT and Medical in March,thanks to "additional medical information" I'm still waiting.  It's driving me nuts (though that additional medical information was handed off to the medical officer about two weeks ago).

I'm not about to give up on the army, but I'm more or less on the verge of giving up for this summer.  All I suggest is don't bank on the army and get another summer job that you can just quit if you get the call.

Back