• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ in 4 days

C

Cougar

hey everybody, ill be goin to Chilliwack for my BMQ on the 2nd, i was wondering about the stuff to bring.. do we just bring everything they gave us? any advice about this training in general will be helpful.. thx

Didn't you get joining instructions from your unit?  If not, give them a call and ask for some.  Your joining instructions should have a kit list.

I did.. i got a kit list.. but there are so many abbreviations on it.. and I don't understand half of the list...

Cougar said:
I did.. i got a kit list.. but there are so many abbreviations on it.. and I don't understand half of the list...

Well why don't you give us a few of those abbriviations so we can help you?

Cougar said:
hey everybody, ill be goin to Chilliwack for my BMQ on the 2nd, i was wondering about the stuff to bring.. do we just bring everything they gave us? any advice about this training in general will be helpful.. thx
Hey Couger,
I have a couple of questions for you:
1.  What unit are you from?
2.  When did you finalize your paperwork and get sworn in?
Greg

Freight_Train said:
Cougar said:
Hey Couger,
I have a couple of questions for you:
1.   What unit are you from?
2.   When did you finalize your paperwork and get sworn in?
Greg

hey Greg,

im from 12 field med, and i just got my paperwork yesteraday.. sworn in a month ago or so..

When did you finish everything (Medical, CFAT, Fitness test, etc)?  The reason I ask is that I was hoping to get into BMQ this summer and was under the impression that summer BMQ's all started in mid June and July.  I was not aware, or told that they were running another in August.  I am a little frustrated as I have completed everything and have been told my unit (Rocky Mtn Rangers) is in receipt of my file and am wondering why I was not at least offered the opportunity to go.
Thanks for the info,
Greg

hey Cougar, we are in the same unit :)

I am not able to do the Aug 2nd bmq... because I have final exam on Aug 10th :(

anyway, see u on Sept in unit  ;D

Hey , Im getting all my instructions today, and am heading out to BMQ in chilliwack on 3rd.  If you want me to ask them about anythign just post in the next 2 hours, ill try and ask them about the abbreviations, and hopefully be able to help.

Private Jimbo said:
Hey , Im getting all my instructions today, and am heading out to BMQ in chilliwack on 3rd.    If you want me to ask them about anythign just post in the next 2 hours, ill try and ask them about the abbreviations, and hopefully be able to help.

thx heres the stuff i don't get:
t-shrts, OD x4
rucksack with complete valise
PT gear incl swimsuit
wash basin

so private jimbo wut unit are you from?

how many OD tee do u have? I got only 3... but why there is X3 for OD tee

yot said:
how many OD tee do u have? I got only 3... but why there is X3 for OD tee

yah i got 3 of those green t-shirts too.. ha i even got 4 combat shirt. but 2 combat pants :-\ .. im pretty sure im missing some gears

lol.... I got 3X combat pants, 3X OD Tee, and 3X combat shirt..

do you guys know how to polish the boots... if there is a step tell me.. I have no idea how to polish my boots...
also, after polish, will it be shiny or what?! or stay the same?

Im in the Seaforth highlanders, army grunt :)  I only got 3x OD t-shirt, rucksack is that backpack which you gotta put together, and valise is the bag for your sleeping bag. guess you just bring your own swim suit, and wash basin..... umm ill check lol.

I think you gotta get one of those polish brushes, and rub it in polish and then rub it on the boot, then just take cloth and spit shine :). OK.. I dont really know, but if they arent done properly im sure they will tell you nicely how to do them lol

and crap, i just spilled juice on the keyboard...

I'm getting my travel orders tommorow and leaving 6 AM on Monday.

Bring your own swim trunks, but don't bring a washbasin...they'll get you one.

Bring PT gear (unit shorts and shirt, and running shoes). If you don't have unit shirt/shorts, bring something reasonable - no knee length 'yo homey' shorts, and no "I'd rather be masterbating" shirts.

Boot polishing will be taught to you, and you'll get lots of practice.

BUT YOU SHOULD BE CHECKING WITH YOUR UNIT FOR THIS STUFF.
If they tell you different, obviously disregard my advice.

Good luck, and have fun

yot said:
do you guys know how to polish the boots... if there is a step tell me.. I have no idea how to polish my boots...
also, after polish, will it be shiny or what?! or stay the same?

"I think you gotta get one of those polish brushes, and rub it in polish and then rub it on the boot, then just take cloth and spit shine . OK.. I dont really know, but if they arent done properly im sure they will tell you nicely how to do them lol"

You don't spit shine combat boots, just a brush shine.  Add polish with a brush, then buff it up with the brush.

How you guys getting to Chilliwack? and do you have to wear combats? or civilian clothes?

I'm taxing from my house to the bus depot, busing from the bus depot to the ferries, then busing from Tsawassan to downtown Van then transferring to the Chilliwack bus.

there is no bus to take you all to Chilliwack?!

Back