• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ/SQ and OD/CADPAD

S

Saeho85

I've posted this thread in the Recruiting forum but I thought if I posted this here, I may actually find a better answer... If some moderator is reading this, please delete my thread in the recruiting forum! Thanks!

Hi, I've gotten sworn in about 2 months ago and I've been going to Parade Night ever since. I'm going to do BMQ and SQ this summer in Meaford, Petawawa, Kingston and Sudbury. The Warrant officer just gave me the joining instructions on our last parade night for the summer (we're closing for the summer) and on it, it had list of kits I should bring and one of them was combat clothing, army issued OD shirts and next to it, they wrote "CADPAD for instructors" in brackets. However, I have no OD anymore! I traded all 3 pairs of my OD because I was ordered to by the Warrant so that we can go on the 9-10 km march (and blend in with the rest of the soldiers who will be wearing CADPAD) which took place on the streets of Toronto from Sunnybrooke hospital to Queen's Park on D-Day. Should I go back to the armory and exchange my CADPAD (which I so dearly love) for ODs (which I so dearly hate  )? However, I also remember the corporal who is in charge of our platoon and was the leader of our group every parade night telling us that it was our "goal" to get CADPAD before the summer training anyway. What should I do? Is anyone here a BMQ/SQ instructor? Will I get yelled at if I show up in CADPAD?

Go up your chain of command about it.

BTW: it's "cadpat" not "cadpad".

Chances are, the people you will be doing your BMQ/SQ with will have the CADPAT. 

As of June 1st, all new recruits are supposed to be issued CADPAT, and all in the OD's can make appointments with their QM's to pick up their CADPAT.

My advice, keep your CADPAT.

Although I am but a lowly PAT, here's my 2 cents. When the rest of the city was issued CADPAT here in Saskatoon (ie. N Sask R's, Service Battalion, etc.), we were told that no new recruits would get CADPAT until they were done their BMQ/SQ. I have heard things such as new recruits with CADPAT at Basic getting picked on from their instructors since they "stand out". Certainly, if you're trying to be the "Greyman" and you're one of the only ones in your section with CADPAT, it's going to be kinda tricky. But, like Lost_Warrior said, some places are giving out CADPAT right away so you may be OK. It's really all up to your instructors.

Thanks for the reply guys. I thought about exchanging one of my CADPATs with a OD after reading this thread but I just remembered there's another new recruit who got sworn in about 3 weeks after me and he got his CADPAT right away when me and the rest of the recruits only had ODs. And since we're all going to BMQ together, I know I won't be the only one with a CADPAT so I'll just keep my CADPAT :)

The ultimate goal is to have every soldier sporting a CADPAT uniform. If that is what you were issued, that is what you should wear.

Back