• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C&P and PERs

OutLookingIn

Inactive
Reaction score
Good morning,

I know I posted this topic yesterday, but I guess most msgs from yesterday morning were lost. So I thought I would ask again and see if I could find any factual information out there people might have or situations people have dealt with that may be similar.

I have an individual that was placed on C&P for a year during the last reporting period. On this PER it was stated "Cpl X was placed on C&P during this reporting period." No issue there. This year the C&P was completed no problems. When PER time came around, his PER stated "Cpl x completed his C&P during this reporting period." I was under the impression because it doesn't directly effect his performance, it shouldn't be mentioned again on his PER. Is it supposed to be brought up again on the second PER if his C&P spans 2 reporting periods?

It's not something we deal with very often here, and I can't seem to find anything hard in writing.

Thanks.

I don't think you would mention it on the second PER except if the member failed C&P. To state that they completed it smacks of a back handed compliment, which are strongly discouraged in PERs. I don't have the admin guidance in front of me, but I think I recall that you only mention the C&P on the initial PER.

In the CFPAS Help file, under "Using CFPAS", "Chapter 1 - Overview", section 117 (3) states:

"In deciding to mention other factors in a PER, COs should consider that an incident may be dealt with only once and that it is not appropriate to raise the matter again when administrative or disciplinary action spanning more than one reporting period is completed. This ensures that all personnel are treated consistently and that the matter is kept in perspective. "

Occam said:
In the CFPAS Help file, under "Using CFPAS", "Chapter 1 - Overview", section 117 (3) states:

"In deciding to mention other factors in a PER, COs should consider that an incident may be dealt with only once and that it is not appropriate to raise the matter again when administrative or disciplinary action spanning more than one reporting period is completed. This ensures that all personnel are treated consistently and that the matter is kept in perspective. "
That is the right answer.  I had just posted it in the previous thread before this site had a memory loss yesterday morning.
One C&P should not appear in two PERs.

Back