• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C Sqn standing up

tprJack1

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day, With C squadron standing up again in RCD do you think the Assault troop is coming back?

AFAIK......don't hold yer breath.

The Corps got rid of all of the Assault troops only a few scant years ago....for reasons that were way beyond anyone's scope of understanding.

Perhaps they will....but again, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Regards

No.
If I can't have my mortars and pioneers, then you guys can't have an Aslt Tp. It's that simple.

Journeyman said:
No.
If I can't have my mortars and pioneers, then you guys can't have an Aslt Tp. It's that simple.

So THATS how the decisions are made ;)

OK then, the tribal elders in NDHQ will tell you that the Corps is currently stretched too thin in completing its currently assigned mandate (recce, security tasks, etc), without introducing "new" roles, such as Aslt Tp skills.  Better?

Fleet Management screwed that up.....unless there is something in our Christmas Stockings....

.... assault Tp.... isn't that being looked after by the Inf pl / coys that are in direct support?

Journeyman said:
No.

We laugh but sometimes this is precisely the politics that governs decisionmaking.

I still think it was a funny post, JM!

Geo, assault troop is properly know as Armoured Support Troop.  It falls between pioneer and rifle platoon but is chapeau-noired.  A full blown armoured recce sqn will consist of all four arms: ingineers, armour, infantry, and a token gunner.

Edit: Fixed my retarded use of caps.  Thanks george.

yeah... I've been around long enough to know how it used to be composed....
our fearless leaders in doctrine will tell ya that with the "new & improved" TF / combat team concept, the Armd will go out with Infantry & Sappers (with FOO in tow) and the guns in direct support.... thus reducing need for such anachronisms as Assault troops, Pioneers, and the like.....

Shamrock said:
Geo, Assault Troop is properly know as Armoured Support Troop.  It falls between Pioneer and Rifle Platoon, but is chapeau-noired.  A full blown Armoured Recce Sqn will consist of all four arms: engineers, armour, infantry, and a token gunner.

Fixed your spelling  ;D

Nfld_Sapper said:
Fixed your spelling  ;D

Well!  Aren't you nice!  You never corrected the grammar and 'Capitalization' while you were at it.  I'll give you a low "C" for a mark.

geo said:
.... assault Tp.... isn't that being looked after by the Inf pl / coys that are in direct support?
The role of an Assault Troop is to provide a ground support element to the Squadron.  It is an internal aset.  BTW since when is C Sqn Standing up?  When I left in June that plan was dead in the water(Thanks to ERP)

We were all told at the last parade that C squadron will be standing up again, now we just need the people to fill it. Lets go recruiting! It was the parade that the dogs came in for a visit.

tprJack1 said:
We were all told at the last parade that C squadron will be standing up again, now we just need the people to fill it. Lets go recruiting! It was the parade that the dogs came in for a visit.

Shhh....we don't talk about dogs here.

The kids get scared don't you know.      ;)

Regards

tprJack1 said:
It was the parade that the dogs came in for a visit.
We had a morning parade in Pet like that once.  SSM was quite annoyed the thing wouldn't fall in properly. ;D

tprJack1 said:

Would make sense to me if someone decided to open c squadron as a tank squadron in Gagetown to support train and deploy with 2 RCR/2 brigade.Hey there deploying tanks who knows what could happen in our army...and who reads these boards.

As for the dogs.....has it really got that bad since I left! (I left just as the cokeheads got busted.)

rcac_011 said:
As for the dogs.....has it really got that bad since I left!

No. RSM just doing a spot check....and he has every right IMHO.    ;)

Regards

Back