• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C3 Howitzer Replacement

Gunner DP1s at the school no longer have any guns. Only those post to W Bty gun line in Gagetown get a 105 conversion. The rest get them at the Regiments
What then do DP1 gunners do at the school? Sorry. My curiosity is aroused.

🍻

One of the downsides of SP guns is that when the vehicle goes down the gun goes down (one of the key advantages of a towed gun is that you simply switch vehicles).
This assumes that you didn't constrain the acquisition of logistics vehicles based on cost rather than capability, because training usually assumes away logistics constraints.

What then do DP1 gunners do at the school? Sorry. My curiosity is aroused.

🍻
LUVW, mounted comms, what used to be BMQL minus M72, OP sequence of orders with a script reading in the IFT, and then very basic Fire Discipline.

This assumes that you didn't constrain the acquisition of logistics vehicles based on cost rather than capability, because training usually assumes away logistics constraints.
I'm not really up on the situation, but my third hand understanding is that ever since the M109s went away taking all their C&C and support vehicles with them, the artillery has had a hell of a time with respect to its vehicle establishments. Judging by the X vehicles to replace Y vehicle formula for every logistics vehicle purchase that I've seen, pretty much everyone must be in desperate shape.

🍻

Gunner DP1s at the school no longer have any guns. Only those post to W Bty gun line in Gagetown get a 105 conversion. The rest get them at the Regiments
Sigh the Artillery is so effed up. I can only think that people were busy arranging deck chairs on the Titanic to allow things to get so bad.

Canadian citizens and permanent residents excluded from multiple roles in the CAF due to ITAR would appear to be an issue.
Canadian Citizenship shouldn’t be an issue for CAF wrt ITAR.
I would suggest that perhaps those may be Members that are dual nationals with the second from a nation that we don’t get warm and fuzzy’s from.
If they had forsworn their previous country and only had Canadian then it wouldn’t be an issue assuming the CAF had done the required security screening.

FWIW Dual Nationals down here of certain nationalities as well as some Permanent Residents don’t get Security Clearances of some levels which trade limits them for certain fields.

The French have been trying to court us for years , they tried to sell us mistrals back in 2013, that failed due to politics. Given Ukrainians are saying Milan is the second best ATGM they have next to Javelin, and the seemingly amazing combat record for Caesar, maybe a shift to French tech ain't such a bad idea? Heck I'd take a AMX-10RC over a TAPV if recce is switching to recon I'm force doctrine.
I’d argue the Arty had already been fucked over once by France with the LG-1 instead of the L119…

Canadian Citizenship shouldn’t be an issue for CAF wrt ITAR.
I would suggest that perhaps those may be Members that are dual nationals with the second from a nation that we don’t get warm and fuzzy’s from.
If they had forsworn their previous country and only had Canadian then it wouldn’t be an issue assuming the CAF had done the required security screening.

FWIW Dual Nationals down here of certain nationalities as well as some Permanent Residents don’t get Security Clearances of some levels which trade limits them for certain fields.
ITAR/CTAT. So. Much. fun…

It's the dual nationals I was referring to.
Roger. Same boat here.
Unless you’re a 5E DN there are certain MOS you can’t do due to clearances, and few others NATO non 5E DN’s can do, as opposed to the less alignment countries

Generally the arguments made for security clearances is a man cannot serve two masters and one needs to make a decision as to what their true home is.

Wiki says it's been used in Colombia, Afghanistan and Indonesia?

And each of those conflicts may of fired the sane rounds that a Caesar in Ukraine fired in a day. Every system in Ukraine right now is being stress tested in ways we didn't think would happen. All that data is going back to manufacturers, and NATO, and I 100% think that data will be used ti determine our next howitzer

And each of those conflicts may of fired the sane rounds that a Caesar in Ukraine fired in a day. Every system in Ukraine right now is being stress tested in ways we didn't think would happen. All that data is going back to manufacturers, and NATO, and I 100% think that data will be used ti determine our next howitzer
I suspect that Western weapons manufacturers also fell into the counter insurgency trap, and assumed future wars would be low intensity. I suspect a few "whiz-bang" Western systems are being proved insufficient/inefficient for a peer-on-peer conflict.

I suspect that Western weapons manufacturers also fell into the counter insurgency trap, and assumed future wars would be low intensity. I suspect a few "whiz-bang" Western systems are being proved insufficient/inefficient for a peer-on-peer conflict.
Judging by visual losses documented so far M109 and Krab have issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230205_000821_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230205_000821_Chrome.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 14
I suspect the reported losses are due to Russia focusing on Western kit, and the easily identifiable nature of the kit.

Back